The embargo has lifted for more WWE 2K18 details revealed by a few websites and popular YouTube channels. Check them out below. Also, thanks to cdub71323 from our Forums for the brief wrap-up.
- MyPlayer boasts new progression and upgrade systems that are designed to foster repeat gameplay
- My Career mode will be shorter, with branching options and experiences. It will also introduce character archetypes with Fighting Styles
- Free-roaming backstage that will be three times larger than previous installments.
- WWE Universe mode will have an expanded, rewritten story system, so that storylines can persist through pay-per-views, can overlap, and more.
- Universe mode is also expected to fully support the brand split
- 2K promises a new online My Player game mode called Road to Glory (no details revealed yet)
- There will be a new create-a-match feature, which will allow you to actually save a specific match type and be able to have it added to the list of match options
- Create-a-video feature will now include a free camera
- Little said that the WWE 2K team was tired of trying to catch up to the NBA 2K team in terms of graphics, so they decided to just outdo them, by rewriting their entire graphics system from the ground up via new lighting, skin, camera, and texture effects
- There will be a whole new announce team in 2K18, or at least a whole new pairing, as Michael Cole will be joined by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton
- Graves, Saxton, and Cole have been recording together since 2K17 came out. There have been a couple of sessions with all three recording lines together, but there have also been sessions of all three combinations of two
- Sound design has undergone an overhaul. There will be new chants, new arena sounds (as well as new arenas, of course), and a new ring announcer, JoJo
- WWE 2K18 will have the ability to have eight men or women in the ring at one time. You’ll be able to have ladder matches, Royal Rumble matches, and battles royal with up to eight participants in the ring at once
- Little put the amount of wrestlers in the game at likely over 170
WWE 2K18 Playlist, featuring all sorts of great content (TonyPizzaGuy)