Another free update for WRC 9 has arrived today on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This one features the highly anticipated co-driver mode, allowing two online players to race in the same car. The co-driver provides the rally pacenotes – including details on the route, bends and hazards – with complete immersion thanks to the integrated voice chat. In this co-op mode where synchronization and communication are key to victory, players can truly step into the shoes of the sport’s top partnerships.
The GR Yaris Rally Concept from Toyota GAZOO Racing, is also included in the update, along with new livery for the Citroën C3 for the Pirelli Tyre Team.
Last, but not least, Rally Portugal has 6 new special stages to compete in. With tracks that alternate between forests, villages and wide-open spaces with breath-taking landscapes, there are many more hours of new challenges for players of WRC 9.
Check out the patch notes below.
- Fixed crashes after changing the type of tire in tutorial
- Fixed various online lobby related crashes.
- Fixed issue where the car could spin uncontrollably when going through a puddle.
- Fixed issue where engine SFX could not be audible anymore.
- Fixed an issue where tires and car setup selection were reset when a new player joined an online lobby.
- Added clearer message when failing to write on leaderboards.
- Fixed an issue where both players could control the gears in split-screen.
- Changed unclear text message when leaving photo mode.
- Fixed various collision issues with the Proton Iriz R5.
- Fixed several respawn issues.
- Fixed various issues that could prevent the game to access WRC9 servers.
- Fixed issue where dust didn’t apply on the Ford Fiesta WRC’s windshield.
- Fixed camera placement issue in showroom.
- Fixed other various performance issues.
- Fixed various vegetation issues.
- Fixed application freeze upon using the Windows+P shortcut.
- Fixed issue where particles (snow, dust or water) were not visible anymore.
- Fixed UI related crash.
- Fixed season mode related crash.
- Fixed a crash when completing a weekly event, watching the corresponding replay and then attempting the same event.
- Fixed crashes in spectator mode.
- Fixed a crash in Mittelmosel stage after completing the Mittelmosel Reverse stage.
Xbox One specific fixes
- Fixed application soft lock following an Xbox profile change via the account picker.
- Fixed application soft lock after signing out on the podium screen of a season and reloading.
- Fixed application soft lock state after completing a challenge if the network connection was lost during the loading.
- Fixed crash when attempting to create a club with no internet connection.
- Photo mode settings are now associated with the correct user following a user change.