World Title Boxing Manager hit the App Store last year. The game has been slowing gathering ratings and reviews on the App Store and worldwide now has over 2,000 5 star ratings.
A text and numbers simulator game in the style of Front Office Football or the soccer series of Football Manager games, the game puts you in the role of a rookie boxing manager/trainer/promoter. Every manager experiences a constantly evolving game world of 1,000’s of boxing characters, unique to their world, as they scout, sign and manage each boxers career and attempt to grow their own managerial reputation.
Managers can define training to develop the potential of each of the boxers in their growing stables, as well as running the corner of each fighter, when it comes to setting the strategy and tactics on fight night.
The game has been in an early release version with a steady release cycle of monthly, or twice monthly updates bringing big new functionality with every release.
The developers have been keen to bring customer feedback to the fore in developing the game since release, with many updates and features being added immediately on player feedback.
They’ve taken an approach in building out the game in a very incremental fashion in terms of adding complexity, color and functionality to the game in response to constant player feedback. As a result, players have been rewarded with a game that has continually become more detailed and involving with each update, and is now as detailed and rich as any boxing manager game on any platform. Whilst the game was functionally basic on initial release in June 2018, over the subsequent six months the game experience has undoubtedly become deeper and rewarding.
The team behind the game have a strong roadmap for 2019 with big new functionality coming in the first half of the year, with even greater detail and expansion of the already large game world of 3000 game generated fighters, in each unique and vast game world.
- EIGHT WEIGHT DIVISIONS -The major historic weight divisions are now live in WTBM from Heavyweight to Flyweight.
- PLAY IN A MASSIVE FIGHTER UNIVERSE -With over 3,000 unique boxers, managers have the pick of a vast range of fighters of different weights, nationalities and abilities.
- FIGHT VIEW – View the progress of any fight through the WTBM fight screens. Check out the Tale of the Tape. Round-by-round stats capture every punch, every knockdown. Will the fight end with a stoppage or KO, or will WTBM’s group of judges call it on points? Be in the corner for your stable fighter’s bouts. Can you use the time between rounds to make the difference between winning and losing?
- LEADERBOARDS – Track your progress against other World Title Boxing Managers with our in-game Leaderboards.
- BETTING ON ALL FIGHTS – Grow your bank balance by betting on any fight in the game in a number of markets with live odds available for all fights.
- TRAINING – Take even greater control of your fighter than in previous versions by configuring custom training plans as they attempt to climb the ratings.
- STABLE AND FIGHTER STRATEGIES – Control the size and shape of your stable and gym. Find the right opponents for each of your fighters.
- INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE – Designed uniquely for iPhone, we are constantly fine tuning the experience to make the most usable boxing manager game ever created.
The iPad optimised version is coming soon, so that the same game will work across all iOS devices.
- IN GAME NEWS – Stay abreast with both your stable and fighter news as well as the ups and downs in the World Title Boxing Manager universe with the in-game news system. Whether there’s a big heavyweight title fight been made, or one of your fighters wants you to arrange their next fight our in-game, the news system keeps you up to date.
- MATCHMAKER – Using the unique Matchmaker function, plot a course for your fighters from the bottom of the rankings all the way through to the world title.
- CONTRACT NEGOTIATION – Build your reputation and approach any of the fighters in the game with custom contract negotiation and our in-game fighter contract trading system. Sign your fighters at the right price and watch your profits grow as you develop their ranking and box office appeal.
- MONTHLY RANKINGS – See where your fighters stand and what it will take to climb through the rankings in the monthly rankings update.