VR Skater is coming to PlayStation VR2 this summer featuring a mix of sim and arcade street skateboarding action. Available since April 2021 to very positive reviews on Steam Early Access, developer Deficit Games mentions the game is easy to learn but tough to master.
While street skateboarding is the main focus of the game, gamers can also skate the Mega Ramp to get big airs and combos. Adaptive triggers will be used to mimic the tension and feel of the trucks and bushings when steering your board.
Swiping and scooping your hands as if they were feet to perform iconic skate tricks like kickflips, tre flips, hardflips, and many more! Feeling intuitive if you’ve ever stepped foot on a skateboard before. To perform grinds and slides, the player will hold buttons to apply rotation and pressure to individual sides of the board, giving players the freedom to skate how they want to. Whether it be tail or nose slides, 50-50 grinds, or many more. You can also work a series of grabs and the finger flip into your combos.
Customizing your board is important and VR Skater will allow players to customize their boards and grip tape using the Print Tablet. Once you reach a certain XP level, you can upload custom textures and arrange them however you want. In the VR Skate shop, you can find new decks, trucks, wheels and grip tape that you physically apply to create your perfect setup. You can unlock new colored equipment by completing challenges and leveling up in the game.
- Picture the board under your feet, the rolling, clicking sound of rubber wheels against the tiled pavement before you pop that perfect ollie.
- Moving your hands in the same motions you would follow with your feet gives a perspective and level of control never before seen
- To help you master the art of street skateboarding, you’ll be guided through flip tricks, grab tricks, grinds, slides and manuals enabling you to conquer each of these skills to carve out skating lines and combos during game runs
- Skate across 7 urban environments as well as the Mega Ramp.
- Enjoy XP, medals, trophies, leaderboards and the VR Skater shop, where you can exchange your hard earned XP and swap out your grip tape, trucks, wheels and board artwork.
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) April 19, 2023