EA Sports UFC 4 patch 9.0 has arrived, adding two new licensed fighters, Kevin Holland and Vincente Luque. The new update also features some gameplay updates and an improved matchmaking system.
Check out the patch notes below.
- Added 2 new fighters, Kevin Holland and Vicente Luque
- Added a timed delay to matchmaking if a user repeatedly does not finish online matches
- Clinch Knees now receive a boost when Knees Boost is active in Career
- Fixed animation issue in a specific diving punch knee on belly entry
- Updated Michael Chandler’s nickname to “Iron” Michael Chandler
- Osoto-Gari is no longer available to Created Fighters
- Slipping strikes are now slower while rocked
- Significantly increased effect of Grapple Advantage on Takedowns
- Decreased denial window for the low single takedown
- Takedown denials now drain 20% more permanent stamina from the attacker
- Fixed animation issue in the early denial of the open stance single leg
- Added damage for the following slams:
- Kimbo Slam (right turn from cage single leg)
- Double Leg Slam from Cage Single Leg (left turn from cage single leg)
- Cage Bodylock Slam (left turn from cage double leg)
- Slowed down the advancing switch kick
- Body knees and frontal kicks can no longer be evaded by head movement
- Slowed down back side posture fakes and made the animation more readable
- Slowed down lead overhand combos
- Special counter from Side Saddle to North South now requires a large stamina advantage
- Fixed issue with jab – body side kick combo not working with “mixed movement”, such using one strike advancing and another stationary.
- Fixed a brief “freezing” animation issue when trying to walk and sway after a slipping straight
- Significantly slowed down jab – handplant kick combo
— EA SPORTS UFC (@EASPORTSUFC) March 6, 2021
The team has also posted a deep dive into the UFC 4 damage model, to get a better understanding of what’s going on behind the scenes. The blog provides plenty of details on base damage, damage range, damage modifiers and much more.