It’s creeping up to almost 2 years, since the last release, but today Metalhead Software has announced Super Mega Baseball 3. It will release this April, with cross-platform play on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam for $44.99 USD.
The game will feature the deepest on-field simulation yet, comprehensive online and offline game modes, including a brand new Franchise mode, and vastly refined graphics.
In addition, Super Mega Baseball 3 offers a revamped user interface plus tons of new audio, team/character content, and stadiums with variable lighting conditions. All this with the same easy-to-learn gameplay that scales seamlessly from beginner to super mega levels of difficulty, as well as the continued ability to hit batters and knockout pitchers.
Check out the bat-breaking, player-taunting, home run action, in the announce trailer below.
What’s more, there will be a Super Mega Baseball 3 free demo and trial version that allows users to play an unlimited number of games in the competitive online Pennant Race mode, promoting short matchmaking times and an active online userbase.
Major Features Include:
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pick-off and base stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents.
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode.
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends.
If you missed our Super Mega Baseball 2 review, back in May of 2018, read it here. We’ve also posted 9 screenshots below, showing off some of the new ballparks.