Sunday Rivals, which is a fresh take on the hard hitting, action-packed football games of the past, is coming to Steam Early Access this summer. Check out the trailer and details below.
On the field, gameplay is tuned to be snappy and fun, rewarding quick thinking and creative players with dazzling open field jukes and bone crushing hits. Simplified rules, familiar controls, and a streamlined playbook make it easy for players of all skill levels to immediately jump in and have fun, while quick, addictive game sessions will keep you coming back for more.
EARLY ACCESS FEATURES
- Exhibition Mode – play a game against the AI or versus a friend with a second controller
- 32 Teams – get ready to take on an entire league built for rivalries
- Streamlined Playbook – quick access to plays gets you back on the field fast
- Quick Games – no penalties and an accelerated game clock keeps the game moving
PLANNED FEATURES FOR V1.0
- Season Mode – battle through 16 games, reach the playoffs, and win the championship!
- Practice Mode – master your playbook on offense, defense, and special teams
- Customization – full control to build your own leagues, teams, and players
- Sliders – tweak and tune your gameplay experience to perfection
- Expanded Playbooks – build a playbook best suited for your team and play style
- Team Strategy – AI will capitalize on their team’s strengths while exposing your weaknesses
- New Locations – additional stadiums with dynamic weather and time of day
Game developer Ryan Kamins, is hard at work with the game and provides plenty of updates on his Twitter account. So make sure to follow along.
— Ryan Kamins (@lowpoly) June 14, 2020
We posted our impressions of the prototype here, it shows a lot of promise.