Every Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed, during the busy week. This includes the latest videos from our content team and featured articles from the staff.
Sports Gaming News
- FIFA 22 HyperMotion Trailer and Details Revealed – Full Team Authentic Motion, Tactical A.I., Kinetic Air Battles & Much More
- FIFA 22 Release Dates, Early Access, Dual Entitlement and Pre-Order Details
- Some FIFA 22 Gameplay Features Revealed – Goalkeeper Rewrite, Explosive Sprint, New Attacking Tactics & More
- MLB The Show 21 – Team Affinity Season 3 Program and Players
- New NASCAR Simulation Looks For a Fresh Start in 2021 with Unreal Engine and rFactor 2 Physics
- MLB The Show 21: Ranked Seasons 4 Includes Larry Walker and Goose Gossage
- MLB The Show 21 – Home Run Derby Cards and Shohei Ohtani Collection
- Forza Horizon 5 Car Audio is Good, Really Good – New Audible Upgrade Feature Revealed
- NBA 2K22 Cover Athletes Include Luka Doncic, Kevin Durant, Dirk Nowitzki, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Candace Parker
- 2021 All-Star Game Choice Pack Includes MVP Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- NBA 2K League Tournament Starts at 6:00 PM ET Tonight – Prize Pool $260,000
- EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
- Ronald Acuna Jr. 2021 All-Star Player Program Now in Diamond Dynasty
- Topps Now July Moments (Week 2) Feature Brad Miller and Mitch Haniger
- MLB The Show 21 – Headliners Set 23 Milestone Robb Nenn
- MLB The Show 21 Patch 12 Available Today – Patch Notes
- MotoGP 21 Patch Adds Multiplayer Join in Progress, Wet Suits & More
- DIRT 5 Super Size Content Pack and Patch 5.00 Arrives on July 20
- Cricket 19 Ultimate Edition DLC & Patch Available Now – Features The Hundred Competition, Caribbean Premier League & More
- New Skateboarding Game Called The Ramp Coming to Steam on August 3
Operation Sports Videos
When it comes to the Fight Night and ESBC facial damage models, they’re just two of the games that have played a role in how that damage model has evolved over the years. In our latest video, we take a look at the history of facial damage in video games.
In this video, Brian takes a look back at NCAA Football 10 for this retrospective. With Michael Crabtree rocking the cover, we head back to a time where NCAA Football was still finding itself on Xbox 360 and PS3 as the PS2 era was winding down. TeamBuilder came to fruition this year, but Brian is here to look at the gameplay as Ohio State takes on Alabama.
Operation Sports Featured Articles
Codemasters has been in the news recently as the company was purchased by EAearlier this year. Although many fans were displeased with this decision, the more I spoke with developers at Codemasters, the more I found they seemed very comfortable with the combination of these two behemoths and what the future now holds. It’s important to note this because F1 2021 is the first AAA release from Codemasters since the partnership, and both companies will now be under a community microscope. This also leads me to this F1 2021 review.
EA’s latest and greatest catchphrase will be “Powered by Football” — and, hey, that sounds great but what does it actually mean? Well, for starters, it’s not a gameplay engine in the way Frostbite is, which will probably disappoint many, including myself. EA’s a massive developer, and like a lot of gaming companies the size of EA, the company tends to keep its engines proprietary and in-house. There’s been no indication from other EA offerings such as Battlefield of Madden to suggest that a new engine will be coming, so hearing about this HyperMotion Technology has many wondering what’s it all about.
One of the most marketed changes to FotF this year is the new Road to the Draft dynamic. What is Road to the Draft? Well, it’s exactly as it sounds. Your player will be put through the wringer before having the opportunity to pose for a photo next to Rodger Goodell — while holding up your newly printed #1 jersey. This year, some of the things EA Sports has promised gamers will encounter along their journey include 6 vs. 6, pre-draft workouts, interviews, the College Football Playoffs, and much more. Obviously, how you perform on the field will alter the story, but some of the decisions along the way will be most critical.
If I had to choose between FIFA‘s tactics or PES‘ tactics, I’d choose FIFA‘s every day. Not only are there more of them, but the way the AI players don’t strictly adhere to FIFA‘s preset tactics is much better overall. Sure there’s always room for improvement, which if I’m reading this right sounds exactly like what we’ll get. Although EA does not go into great detail in this blurb, new attacking styles should offer more variety for both offline and online players. As we find out more information in this one area of the game, I’m definitely looking forward to breaking it down further.
By far, the biggest takeaway from my phone call with the developers is how much of an impact the community has had on Action Arcade Wrestling. We’ve seen games in the past that have relied heavily on the community members and their endless ideas and creations. The same holds true for AAW, which comes with an extensive create-a-wrestler feature. This third-party feature is known simply as Wrestle Lab.
If you’re thinking about jumping into Diamond Dynasty after hearing a lot of us drooling about all the cool new cards that came out this past week, then this is the guide for you. Whether you’re a newcomer or a veteran, what we’re after here with this guide is efficiency. If you just want to have the best time or chase a certain card, don’t worry about this guide. But if you want to jump in to Diamond Dynasty and really get rolling in a fast (and free) way, then this is why we’ve created this Diamond Dynasty midseason guide.
As most racing fans sit patiently waiting for extended information about the newly designed NASCAR game ready to launch this year from Motorsport Games, the same company has dropped a bombshell of the good variety. Motorsport Games has announced that IndyCar 2023 is in development and will drop the same year as its given name. While little is known at this juncture, MSG did put out a press release with a bit more in-depth detail about the new IP. It appears the game will follow the same path as its NASCAR counterpart and deliver an authentic simulation experience that is fully licensed.
We’ll see you again next Sunday with more sports gaming news, videos and featured articles.