It has been a few months since the last Retro Bowl update, but the latest update that arrived a few days ago for iOS and Android devices adds plenty of goodies for the fantastic mobile football game. Including a new uniform update, 17 game schedule, bullet throws and more.
Check out the patch notes below.
- Uniform update (thanks @RetroBitCoach)
- 17 game schedule (when a new season starts)
- Bullet throws (second tap whilst aiming)
- Added 1st down animation
- Added cheerleader animation
- QB attempts and completions not recorded for 2pt conversions
- Fixed unlimited contract extensions
- Increased name pool
- Added choice of roof type in editor
- Blitz tweak
- Tweaked CPU team 4th down logic
- Tweaked CPU team onside kick logic
- Onside kicks offered on tied score
- QB not credited with additional catch after a fumble
- Player ratings adjusted according to quarter length
- Divisional round seeding
- Tiebreakers now H2H > div/conference win pct > net points
- Tweaked praise/criticize effect
Remember – if you want to see the uniform changes in the @retro_bowl update within your current saves, you'll need to:
1) Have purchased the Unlimited Version.
2) Go to the Team Editor in Options.
3) Click "Restore Default" on each of the four uniform sets for each team. pic.twitter.com/rSPfMUdDey
— 𝘙𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘉𝘪𝘵𝘊𝘰𝘢𝘤𝘩 (@RetroBitCoach) September 23, 2021
A new patch is also currently rolling out, fixing a few issues that cropped up from the recent update. Here are the patch notes for update 1.4.90.
- Fixed playoff seeding crash
- Gamepad controls working again (controller must be paired before starting app)
- Retro Bowl “Home” team now random
- Coordinator crash fix
- Kickoff/Continue Buttons