Reddit is hosting an AMA with Simon Read, founder and creator of New Star Soccer, and his popular side project, Retro Bowl. If you have any questions for him, make sure you stop by. Here’s the link to the AMA.
We’ll update this post with a recap when it’s over.
UPDATE: The AMA is over and we are posting some of the highlights. For those of you interested in reading more, here’s the thread.
Here are a few things that will happen at some point…
- League awards (MVP, ROTY, OPTY, DPTY, COTY)
- Updated trades, rosters, and drafts
- Updated running backs/offensive line
- Onside kicks
Here are some things that might happen down the road…
- Spin moves, trucks, etc
- Create a play
- Playable defense
- Multiplayer – This is asked about a lot, but it’s very complicated to add, especially when 1 person is in development
- Coach determining play style (long throws, short throws, running, tight end play, etc)
- Customization of your save (salary cap, draft quality, trade quality, free agency quality)
Here’s how morale affects players, teams and coaches…
- Coach XP determines how much XP they gain after a game.
- Low player morale can lead to fumbles and brings down overall team strength (hidden).
- Toxic/Angry players cause more negative issues/dilemmas.
- Very happy players lead to positive incidents (+fans).
Any visions for the future of the game?
Any thoughts on a college version?
Will WR’s help block on running plays soon?
Some other tidbits.
- Box scores at the end of the game could be coming, he’s looking into it.
- Game sound overhaul is coming this summer
- The next update will include new achievements and a player hall of fame (where you decide who goes in). He hopes to include season awards for players and a record of all the Retro Bowl winners.
- League stats might be added, looking at possibly adding online stats too
- Create a stadium? No.
- Player customization? Maybe.
- Online? Maybe, but not anytime soon.
- Cloud saves? Probably.
- League leaderboards might come in the new season update, as other teams currently do not have actual player data or stats.
He will be answering questions throughout the weekend as well, so keep checking back in the thread.