The Postseason Events series has kicked off with the Wild Card event today in MLB The Show 20. This new set of events will run through the real MLB postseason, which means there will be four events. The new player rewards for this event include Postseason Stephen Strasburg, Signature Series Will Clark and Signature Series Rich Gossage.
Wild Card Event
- Must use players from the real MLB Wild Card teams
- Max team overall of 96
- Difficulty: All-Star
- 6-inning games
- Stadium lock as Dodger Stadium
- 5 wins – Two Headliners packs (sets 1-31)
- 10 wins – Gold player pack, 1,000 stubs
- 15 wins – The Show pack (x5)
- 20 wins – Ballin’ Is A Habit pack
- 25 wins – The Show pack (x5), 1,500 stubs
- 30 wins – Postseason Stephen Strasburg
Strasburg has been a popular postseason card before (albeit his reliever version was probably the most beloved), but this card does have a sinker and a 99 overall rating attached to it. This is a tidy reward for 30 wins. I do generally slap around Strasburg cards so I still have relatively low confidence in this card being good.
- 35 wins – 3,000 stubs
- 40 wins – Signature Series Will Clark
Signature Series Will Clark has 120 contact vs. RHP and 109 contact vs. LHP. He only has silver fielding at 1B, but you’re using him for his bat anyway. I personally enjoy Will Clark cards, but I don’t generally see him used very often in Diamond Dynasty. Nevertheless, I like this reward card. The big thing with Clark is you will either like his stance or be thrown off by it, so it’s a card you need to probably test out to see where you stand — assuming you’ve never used him in prior seasons.
- 45 wins – The Show pack (x10)
- 50 wins – Signature Series Rich Gossage
Signature Series Rich Gossage is certainly the main event. His 4-seam has outlier on it so it will surpass 100 mph, and then his sinker does not so that provides a speed differential between those two pitches, which is huge. From there, he has a slurve and changeup. He also has 124 H/9 and 125 K/9. This card rules, and I think this should be an endgame-style reliever. Now, I obviously have to add the caveat here that I have not used or seen the card yet so it’s impossible to know. Either way, the numbers say this card should be diabolical.
- 60 wins – 5,000 stubs
- 70 wins – The Show pack (x10)
- 80 wins – Elite Ducks On The Pond choice pack
- 90 wins – The Show pack (x10)
- 100 wins – Elite Ducks On The Pond choice pack
- 110 wins – Ballin’ Is A Habit pack (x3)
- 120 wins – 6,000 stubs
- 130 wins – The Show pack (x20)
- 140 wins – Ballin’ Is A Habit pack (x5)
- 150 wins – Beach Ball choice pack
- 160 wins – Two Headliners packs bundle (x3)
- 170 wins – The Show pack (x20)
- 180 wins – 7,500 stubs
- 190 wins – Ballin’ Is A Habit pack (x5)
- 200 wins – Beach Ball choice pack
200 wins is more than is usually shown at the start of a series of events, but it makes sense because we know we’re getting at least four events here. I don’t know if more wins will be added on this time around since we usually never go above 200 wins anyway.