NACON and Zordix Racing have highlighted some of the unique gameplay elements in Overpass, in a new video that focuses on the two types of tracks available: Obstacle Courses and Hillclimbs.
While the release of Overpass on PC is scheduled for February 27 in North America, the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions will be available on March 17.
With Obstacle Courses, the challenge is in knowing how to cross each natural or artificial obstacle in the best way possible. This requires careful use of the throttle, deciding where to position the wheels for the best grip, and using the differential lock wisely to avoid getting stuck. Many options are available to the player and the best one will depend on several factors: the vehicle, the terrain, damage to the vehicle and the player’s driving style.
For Hillclimbs, the goal is to find a path up to the hill’s summit. It’s usually a shorter distance but a harder challenge. Knowing how to analyze the terrain is essential for climbing the steep slopes successfully.
In this off-road simulation, challenge yourself on extreme tracks at the controls of buggies and quads from major manufacturers. In a variety of local and online game modes, master the terrain physics, overcome obstacles and cope with damage to your vehicle to triumph in this demanding off-road challenge.
- A Complete Career Mode: Find sponsors, manage your vehicles and calendar to dominate the season.
- Local and Online Multiplayer: Share the experience and compete with other players, including a Split Screen mode.
- More than 20 Official Vehicles: Including manufacturers like Yamaha, Textron and Suzuki.
- More than 40 Technical Tracks: Tracks are spread across 6 environments, each offering their own challenges.
- Realistic Physics: Gives vehicles and terrains a real identity and feel on sand, rocks, mud, and more.