Operation Sports is once again looking to expand. We are looking for someone to work alongside myself and Steve to help nurture and grow the video portion of OS.
We are looking for someone who cares deeply about sports games and understands what we’re all about here at Operation Sports. We want someone who cares deeply not just about their own videos but helping others realize their potential in this area as well.
Here’s some other things we’re looking for in a candidate:
- An understanding of what Operation Sports is all about and thus what video content to focus on in order to enrich our audience while still expanding it.
- Some experience with video editing software, whether that be Adobe, Final Cut, Sony Vegas, etc.
- An ability to brainstorm video ideas.
- The ability to nurture talent and help others with their own video ideas.
- Have to be able to stick to a schedule.
- Must be a fluent English writer and speaker. You will perhaps have to do voice-over work beyond your own videos.
- Must be in-tune with the sports gaming community and its various pressure points.
- You need to have the ability to create 2-3 videos per month. You will have input on what sort of video schedule we approach, but there’s still a bare minimum we’ll need to hit, and you’ll be a big part of it.
- An ability to edit videos in your preferred software.
- Must be able to receive payment via Paypal.
- Must be willing to collaborate regularly via Slack. You would be working most closely with myself and Steve, but obviously you’ll also be helping to lead some other video creators below you.
- You need to be a team player who is able to generate compelling ideas for videos if needed.
- We hope you’re a passionate sports game fan, ideally someone well versed in multiple sports and games so you can be flexible with assignments.
Pay will be one base rate per month, plus making money per video created. This is a part-time position so these responsibilities have to be able to fit into your normal life. We’ll of course share all of that with you if we are interested in bringing you on board.
Does This Sound Like Something That Interests You?
To apply, please send the following to [email protected]:
- Your name
- Your OS username (if applicable)
- Your Twitter handle (if applicable)
- A brief intro about yourself, your experiences and your passion for sports games.
- Three sample video ideas you think make sense for OS.
- A link to some of the videos you are most proud of — basically links to where we can find your work.
- A brief outline that explains how you would approach OS video, so imagine you’re already in charge. What would you focus on, how much content would you want to create weekly? What sort of content do you think makes the most sense for OS?
No attachments please (we hate viruses as much as you do).
Also, if you perhaps just want to make videos for us but not actually lead the video portion of the site, then sit tight. We’ll be looking for regular contributors after finding someone for this initial position. Thanks for your time, and we hope to hear from you.