One Up, a leading on-demand esports company, is launching the One Up x NBA 2K24 Championship Series on September 23. In collaboration with NBA stars like Jamal Murray, Paul George and Donovan Mitchell, the competition offers over $1 million in cash prizes. Gamers can join for free via the Play One Up app on Apple or Android. The announcement of the million-dollar challenge comes after One Up was designated as the official on-demand esports platform for the NBA 2K franchise. Besides the tournaments, One Up will provide exclusive behind-the-scenes content featuring NBA stars, accessible solely through their mobile app.
The initial phase will consist of 20 online qualifying tournaments, each hosted by an NBA star, running from September 23 to January 20. The top 16 finalists from each qualifier tournament will secure $20,000 while the runners-up (16 in total) will earn $4,000 each and those in 3rd and 4th place will receive $500 each.
The top 16 finalists will progress to an online tournament scheduled for February 3-4. The final four contestants will be flown to Miami to compete in the One Up x NBA 2K24 Championship on February 15. Among the 16 finalists, the winner will claim $250,000 with the second-place finisher receiving $100,000. Third and fourth place will each earn $50,000 and those in 5th through 8th place will take home $25,000 each.
Alongside the main tournament, there will be exhibition matches hosted by additional NBA players, featuring a $10,000 prize pool. The champion of these exhibitions will receive $8,000, the runner-up $1,000, and those in 3rd and 4th place $500 each. Fans have the opportunity to participate in both the exhibitions and qualifiers through a first-come, first-serve registration process.
Here’s the One Up x NBA 2K24 Championship Series QUALIFIER schedule with featured NBA star host:
- 9/23 – Donovan Mitchell – Cleveland Cavaliers
- 9/30 – Paul George – LA Clippers
- 10/7 – Jamal Murray – Denver Nuggets
- 10/14 – Cade Cunningham – Detroit Pistons
- 10/21 – Deandre Ayton – Phoenix Suns
- 10/28 – Khris Middleton – Milwaukee Bucks
- 11/4 – John Collins – Utah Jazz
- 11/11 – Karl-Anthony Towns – Minnesota Timberwolves
- 11/18 – Seth Curry – Dallas Mavs
- 11/25 – Patrick Beverley – Philadelphia 76ers
- 12/2 – Anfernee Simons – Portland Trail Blazers
- 12/9 – Terry Rozier – Charlotte Hornets
- 12/30 – Jalen Brunson – New York Knicks
- 1/6 – Brandon Ingram – New Orleans Pelicans
- 1/13 – Mike Conley, Jr. – Minnesota Timberwolves
- 1/20 – Tyrese Haliburton – Indiana Pacers
One Up x NBA 2K23 Championship Series EXHIBITION schedule and featured NBA star host:
- 10/11 – Dorian Finney-Smith – Brooklyn Nets
- 11/1 – Andre Drummond – Chicago Bulls
- 11/22 – Andrew Wiggins – Golden State Warriors
- 12/13 – De’Anthony Melton – Philadelphia 76ers
To qualify for the One Up x NBA 2K24 Championship Series, participants must be residents of the U.S. and D.C. (excluding Arizona) and be 13 years or older, must have a valid One Up account, have access to NBA 2K24 on PS5 or Xbox X/S, have internet access and access to a PSN ID with the PS Plus Service or an Xbox X/S with a gamertag and the Xbox Gold service. Participants will log in to their Play One Up account on iOS or Android, click on the “NBA 2K” community icon, and follow the prompts to register. Eligible players may participate in one or more of the sixteen (16) qualifying tournaments that begin on September 23, 2023, at 3:00 PM Eastern Time. Registration for the qualifying tournaments is available beginning September 14, 2023, at 1:00 PM Eastern Time. Registration for each qualifier tournament will close one (1) hour prior to the start time. For complete rules, learn more www.playoneup.com/nba2k.