EA has posted a quick video and first look at the HUT RUSH game mode in NHL 21.
First look at HUT RUSH #NHL21 👀
First goal wins 🥅
Playable Mascots 🦁
Earn points with style 😎
Get HUT Rewards ✅
— EA SPORTS NHL (@EASPORTSNHL) September 22, 2020
- Compete and Earn – You’ll compete in seasons with all different kinds of games — 3v3, 5v5, timed games, goal limit games — to earn rewards and progress through the rankings. We’ve also added new exciting ways to play like first goal wins and Money Puck.
- Playable Mascots – Hit the ice with your favourite NHL team mascots.
- Outdoor Arenas – Take it outside and play in open air environments.
- Different Ways to Win – With modifiers like Money Puck and First Goal Wins, you can change up how your games are settled.
NHL 21 launches worldwide October 16th, pre-order NHL 21 Great Eight Edition and get it 3 days earlier, on October 13. It includes the following:
- Up to 10 HUT Diamond Player Choice Packs (2 per month for 5 months)
- HUT Synergy Veteran Choice Pack (Choice 1 of 10; +1 OVR per month until August 2021)
- HUT Cover Athlete Choice Pack (Choice of: Ovechkin, Matthews, McDavid, Pettersson, Laine, Subban)
- 3 Days Early Access
- Be A Pro XP Boost and Bonus Trait and Specialization Points
- 5 Unlocked World of Chel Hockey Bags
As for next-gen consoles, there won’t be a true PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X version, only forward compatibility.