EA Sports has released the first NHL 20 trailer of the season, along with some screenshots and a fact sheet. Check out all of the details below.
- NHL 20 introduces cutting-edge gameplay innovation to showcase your skills, more customization to unlock your style, and new modes to compete with friends.
- RPM Tech-powered gameplay introduces Signature Shots that replicate your favorite NHL players’ real-world shot styles. Over 45 new shot animations make every attack a threat, and new passing and puck pick-ups create faster, fluid gameplay executed at full speed.
- A revamped broadcast package delivers all-new visuals and commentary. Combined with over 1,100 new customization items for your club and character, your biggest goals look incredible during the action and in the highlight reel.
- Finally, NHL 20 adds three new game modes. HUT Squad Battles features weekly teams, built by athletes and artists, to challenge for unique rewards. The fan-favorite ONES can now be played with friends on the couch, and the all-new Eliminator mode in World of CHEL introduces winner-take-all competition where you and your friends compete to be the best in the barn.
Speed and Shooting Fueled by RPM Tech
- NHL 20 introduces the next major innovation in RPM Tech -powered gameplay with Superstar Signature Shots. Your favorite NHL stars now look and feel truly authentic with the trademark shooting-styles you recognize from the real world. Additionally, over 45 new contextual shot animations make shooting more lifelike as players use new tools to get the puck on net.
- RPM Tech also more speed to gameplay through revamped animation blending that allows players to execute shots, passes, and puck pickups without slowing a skater’s pace; creating faster, more skilled and more fluid plays up and down the ice.
- Finally, new goaltender A.I. includes full offensive threat analysis, allowing goalies to read the positioning and threat level of every attack before actively controlling rebounds and redirecting pucks away from danger.
A New Generation of Hockey Broadcasting
- A revamped broadcast package delivers fresh new play-by-play and color commentary to NHL 20, paired with overhauled scoreboards, overlays and motion graphics; all built to put you at the center of the game’s biggest moments. See your most memorable plays come to life in new Play Of The Game highlights designed to put your best skills on a pedestal for your teammates and your opponents.
New Mode and Icons in Hockey Ultimate Team
- Hockey Ultimate Team introduces a new way to play in Squad Battles, the fan-favorite mode from EA SPORTS FIFA that allows you to compete and earn big rewards in offline battles. New opponents are refreshed every day, including weekly Featured Squads assembled by NHL players, hot musical artists, hockey influencers, and superstar athletes from other major sports.
- Squad Battles introduces a brand new way to compete, earn and collect your dream team as you take on the best teams assembled by the biggest names in sports and entertainment. Hockey Ultimate Team also welcomes a new roster of playable hockey Icons, bringing the total number of collectible and playable Icons to over 400.
New Ways to Play With Friends
- NHL 20 adds an all-new competitive game mode: Eliminator. Inspired by the winner-take-all competition in battle royale, Eliminator is a new way to compete in NHL ONES and NHL THREES that pits 81 players against each other in a survival tournament bracket to be crowned the ultimate winner. Compete solo in ONES Eliminator, or squad up with friends in THREES Eliminator as you attempt to win four back-to-back elimination rounds against increasingly competitive opponents for ultimate bragging rights.
- Also new to NHL 20, last year’s fan-favorite outdoor free-for-all mode, ONES, is now available to play in local multiplayer. You and two friends can select from an elite roster of your favorite NHL players, each with a unique class-based playstyle, and compete on eight outdoor ponds from the comfort of your couch in the ultimate party mode.
An Ever Expanding World of CHEL
- New to World of CHEL are CHEL Challenges, weekly in-game events across all of your favorite modes that unlock unique customization rewards, character XP and more. Adding to the robust character customization options introduced in NHL 19, World of CHEL now offers over 2,000 unique customization items to craft your look and your playstyle – from gear and equipment, to lifestyle apparel from hockey’s biggest brands. Four new outdoor locations bring the game to never-before-seen ponds in remote wilderness and city landmarks inspired by iconic locations.
NHL 20 is available on September 13, 2019 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Be among the first to experience the new modes and innovations, unlocking the full game three days early on September 10, 2019 when you pre-order* the NHL 20 Deluxe Edition or NHL 20 Ultimate Edition. EA Access** members can experience the game first during the Play First Trial starting on September 5, 2019 and receive a 10% discount when purchasing the full game.