The latest tuner update for NHL 19 has been released to help address the prevalence of Skillzone defense and incidental contact/bumps being too strong. The team continues to monitor other major areas of feedback from the community, including skating and poke checking.
Check out the details and post your thoughts.
- Tuned down AI aggression towards the puck carrier and loose pucks in Online VS and HUT
- Further muting of AI defensive actions in Online VS and HUT. There will still be some rare cases where the AI will perform a defensive action if the puck comes loose as we want them to defend passes and their logic works similar on pass receptions and loose puck acquisition.
- Improved cases where an AI goalie was reacting too quickly to passes even when not reading a pass.
- Improved cases where an AI goalie was able to recover too easily against their momentum.
- Improved cases where goaltender passes were getting overly assisted
- Improved some cases where players would sometimes lose the puck from incidental contacts that weren’t big enough to trigger a stumble. This was done by increasing the distance the puck needs to be from the stick for incidental puck loss. Collisions of stumbles or greater remained unchanged and will follow the same physics behavior as before.
- Improved a player’s ability to withstand push checks at lower relative speeds, especially from behind. Results will still vary based on the players involved and the more detailed context of the collision.