EA Sports simulated the Stanley Cup playoffs with NHL 17 and predict this years champion will be the Nashville Predators, with a game 7 win over the Montreal Canadiens.
- Despite the Chicago Blackhawks’ strong regular season, they failed to get going in their first-round matchup against the Nashville Predators. The Predators dominated play throughout the playoffs and found themselves edging out Minnesota in a wild series.
- After leading the Edmonton Oilers to the playoffs for the first time in 11 years, Connor McDavid caught fire and carried them into the Western Conference Finals. McDavid tallied 26 points in 20 games, but the Oilers unfortunately fell in 6 games to the Nashville Predators.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets won their first ever playoff series over the Pittsburgh Penguins in a close seven game contest. Cam Atkinson led the way for the Blue Jackets with 6 points in the series, but would later fall to the Washington Capitals in the conference semi-finals.
- After capturing their second straight Presidents’ Trophy, the Washington Capitals were put to the test through their first series against the young Toronto Maple Leafs, then squeaked out a 4-3 series win over the Columbus Blue Jackets in a physical, action-packed matchup.
- A healthy lineup carried the Montreal Canadiens through two Original Six matchups. Led by goaltender Carey Price, the Habs shut down Alex Ovechkin and the Washing Capitals while Alexander Radulov provided some clutch goals to put them into the Stanley Cup Finals.