The Need For Speed Unbound reveal trailer is scheduled to arrive on October 6 at 11:00 AM ET. EA hasn’t officially announced the name of the game, but it was leaked back in June after being delayed until later this year.
Other than a striking new photo-realistic art style with anime elements, no other details have been revealed. We’ll definitely get more details in a couple days, so keep your eyes peeled.
UPDATE: (10-6) We’ve added the trailer, screenshots and features below. Need For Speed Unbound launches on December 2 for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC running at 4K/60FPS.
Need For Speed Unbound provides players around the world an opportunity to become the driver of their own street racing fantasy. Players can outsmart cops and prove that they have what it takes to win The Grand, Lakeshore’s ultimate street racing challenge. The game features the most realistic looking cars in the franchise’s history along with an all-new visual style inspired by street art.
Through an immersive single-player campaign, players will engage in an immersive narrative that takes them to Lakeshore where world’s hottest performance cars are raced, collected, upgraded, and customized to reach the top.
“Need for Speed Unbound is all about self-expression, taking risks and disrupting the status quo by just being you – through your racing style, unique car builds, fashion, music and much more,” said Kieran Crimmins, Creative Director at Criterion Games. “We are inspired to create a truly authentic universe where players see themselves represented in the game. The visual experience of Unbound redefines expectation, with a new signature art-style that brings graffiti to life, intensifies the competition, and creates adrenaline-inducing, high-speed action.”
The game will challenge the conventions of racing games, introducing true consequences with impactful risk and reward for every race, decision and side bet. Two friends are torn apart by a robbery at a family auto-shop and a rookie racer is sent on a quest to win the ultimate street race and reclaim the priceless car stolen.
- The World is Each Player’s Canvas: Graffiti comes to life in a new art style as players ride through the city equipped with a brand-new toolkit of high-energy visual and sound effects, like Burst Nitrous, which rewards players with style-based boost, reflecting how they drive.
- Run the Streets: The more players race, the more heat they build up. Choose to outdrive or outsmart cops using new escape mechanics to take control of the chase to earn big rewards or even bigger consequences for getting busted.
- Self-Expression and Style: Hundreds of cosmetic items including exclusive licensed gear from some of the world’s pioneering fashion innovators and custom automotive gear companies give players endless options to not only kit out their car but show off their personal style in game.
- Find Freedom in the Flow: Ride to a genre-defying soundtrack of trailblazing artists from the world of hip-hop led by multi-hyphenated artist, entrepreneur, actor and fashion icon A$AP Rocky and his creative agency AWGE, including the world premiere of A$AP Rocky’s brand new track “Sh*ttin’ Me,”.
- Takeover Scene featuring A$AP Rocky: A$AP Rocky will appear in-game as the leader of the Takeover Scene, a new replayable precision driving mode that brings together the community to take over parts of the city and celebrate driving with style over pure speed. AWGE also functioned as creative consultants on the game.
Pre-orders for Need for Speed Unbound are available until November 29. As part of the pre-order bonus, players will also receive a driving effects pack, as well as decals, license plates, banners, stickers and $150,000 Bank when they join multiplayer.
Need for Speed Unbound releases on December 2 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC for $69.99. The Need for Speed Unbound Palace Edition will cost $79.99, created in partnership with Palace Skateboards, will include four custom cars, clothing packs, driving effects, decals and license plates, character poses and banner artwork.