EA has released their Need for Speed Heat gameplay trailer and introduce fans to Palm City, a street racer’s paradise and a vibrant metropolitan area made up of many unique districts ready for exploring. By day, Palm City hosts the Speedhunters Showdown, a series of sanctioned races where you can earn Bank by pushing the limits in high-stakes race, drift, and off-road events.
Daytime in Palm City allows you to explore a bright sunny, urban environment where you fill your garage with customizable dream cars, assemble a crew of like-minded speed demons, and test your racing chops in legit competition against the world’s toughest drivers. When your car is ready, head into the night.
The team also posted some of their car customization features. Need for Speed Heat launches November 8, 2019 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Early Access begins on November 5 for Origin Access and EA Access members.
Choose Your Setup
- Every driver has different skills, different styles, and different likes and dislikes when it comes to tuning their car. You now have more options for setting up your car exactly how you want it.
- Looking to dial in your ride for a drift event? Need your wheels to grip the tight turns on a slick street? Or do you simply want to build the fastest battlewagon ever seen on the streets of Palm City? In Need for Speed Heat, you can take any car and give it the handling style you like or need. From Grip to Drift to Off-Road. The choice is yours. Whatever you want for your car’s setup, we have you covered.
Swap Engines to Boost Your Car
- From the minute you enter the garage, you have tons of parts for building and tinkering with your high-performance car. And, for the first time in a Need for Speed game, you can swap engines to boost nearly every car in the game to the highest rating. By swapping engines, you can transform your battered, beloved, low-rated ride into a high-powered, road-owning filthy beast of a machine.
Night Racing Is Risky Business
- Winning both day- and night-time events in Need for Speed Heat can lead to new gear. That said, you’ll get better rewards after the sun sets. Keep in mind, however, that night racing is a risky business. How risky, you ask? Let’s just say you can very quickly lose everything if you don’t survive to see the sun rise. Winning some night events can even reward you with unique high-end parts for your car – but you have to get them back to the garage, because if the cops catch up, they’ll take them off you!
- In addition to bigger rewards at night, you can also score valuable Heat boosts by hitting cop cars, escaping from the law, and winning races.
Sounds Like Victory
- There’s nothing more satisfying than leaving your opponents in the dust with the full-throttled rumble of your car’s tailpipe blaring in their ears.
- In Need for Speed Heat, the sound of your car’s exhaust changes based on your engine and exhaust system. And, for the first time in a Need for Speed game, you can customize your exhaust system to create a truly unique and memorable sound.
- Whether you blast the competition – and the rogue cops – with a high-pitched whine or a booming roar, be sure to make something they won’t soon forget.
More Ways to Express Yourself
- Sure, you need a super-fast car, but you also need to look good while setting the pace. Fortunately, you can customize the look of your ride with a massive assortment of paint and finish options, including combinations you’ve never seen before in a Need for Speed game.
- Metal flake. Color flip. Carbon fibre. Iridescent materials. Gloss, satin, and matte finishes. Come on now, you know you want to look good while earning your rep in the night-time neon playground.
- In another first for Need for Speed, you can now customize your character, too. So, when you’re done tweaking your car to perfection, you can craft a character to fit your mood, your style, and the look and feel of your ride.
- Create an avatar that no one will forget as you’re making a name for yourself in the street racer’s paradise of Palm City.