The NASCAR 21: Ignition next-gen upgrade has finally arrived for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S users. For those of you that already own the game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, here’s how to get your free upgrade.
Upgrading from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5:
- Sign into your existing account on your PS5 console.
- Find the PS5 game in PlayStation Store, or by Search, and go to the game hub for the PS5 game.
- Select the upgrade offer on the game hub and review the upgrade offer.
- Select Download (or purchase with the discount price) to download/purchase content.
- After the download is complete, you can play the PS5 game.
- PS4 games redeemed as a PlayStation Plus benefit are not eligible for a PS5 upgrade unless otherwise indicated.
Upgrading from Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S:
- The Xbox console will automatically update to the correct version for the console. This means that if Xbox Series X|S customers have the Xbox One version installed right now, they will get a notification of the game updating and it will be replaced with the free Next Gen version.
- If users do not have it installed, going to their owned content and downloading it will download the correct version.
The team also released NASCAR 21: Ignition patch 1.51 on all platforms, check out the patch notes below.
NEXT GEN UPGRADE FOR XBOX SERIES X|S AND PLAYSTATION 5
- 4K resolution at 30 FPS for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5
- 4k upscaling at 30 FPS for Xbox Series S
- Online cross-generation console gameplay
- Save imports from previous generation consoles
- Support for PlayStation 5 activities
CARS & SCHEMES
- Fixed an issue for Career Mode where players were appearing under their car
- Fixed an issue where anti-lock brake system was stuck on
- Fixed an issue where sponsored logo’s light was heavily reflected on the cars while on track
- Fixed an issue with the lighting at some of the night race tracks
- Fixed an issue in which high assists caused difficulties while pitting at certain tracks
- Fixed an issue in which the AI are driving off the apron and cutting corners short at Homestead
- Fixed an issue in which AI takes control of a user’s car when passing next to the pit stop entrance
- Fixed an issue that showed miscellaneous stats incorrectly for stages in standings menu
- Fixed an issue in which a quick selection of options from the Garage Pause Menu would trigger a softlock
- Fixed an issue that would cause the title to crash while being idle in Race Results screen at COTA after unlocking the “Road Course Ringer” and “Winner” trophies
The team is also preparing to release their 2022 Season Expansion featuring cars, tracks, teams, and schemes from this historic season.