Milestone has released a new MXGP 2021 patch adding the Lacapelle-Marival track for all game modes, including career mode, Alessandro Lupino to the official riders list and more. The patch is available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC.
Check out the patch notes below.
- Added Lacapelle-Marival track on all offline and online game modes. It is also playable in career.
- Added Hill map to Track Editor. Create unique tracks on this new map and share it worldwide
- Added filter tracks by name in all game modes. Now is more simple to find that amazing track you love.
- Added Alessandro Lupino to official riders.
- AFK players online will be ghosted if they not race for N seconds.
- Time to load a bike setting was too short? We have added more time to bike settings phase during online races.
- Fixed a bug that switches your bike with the one used during a duel or a challenge, in career game mode.
- Fixed a bug on online timer to reach the finish line. With this fix now you have 30 seconds to cross the finish line after the player in first position has endend the race.
- Minor fixes
The improved handling and new weight of your bike are enough to recommend this game to both hardcore fans and people who are looking to just pick it up and have some fun. Make sure to read our review here.
The MXGP series from Milestone has been a favorite of mine since its inception back in 2014 with MXGP: The Official Video Game. But even as a favorite of mine, I am not blind to some of the issues, and the inability or unwillingness for Milestone to make major improvements on a yearly basis.
With the MXGP franchise, it has always been about small steps forward, and occasionally a step or two back. Some years the release has been well received by both fans and media, and other times both sides of that coin have been against some changes.