Sony San Diego has posted a quick MLB The Show 21 Q&A session with Coach and Ramone, as they go over some Road to the Show ballplayer questions from the community. You can watch the video below, but we’ve also listed some of the key points.
- You can get your player to 99 in all categories, but not at the same time
- Your RTTS player will not get drafted in the first round, but the team has added a new narrative experience centralized around your player
- Players can get upgrades to different attributes by playing RTTS or with perks, archetype items and equipment
- You can request trades in RTTS, but not on demand. You can choose which team drafts your player
- Players won’t be able to use 2-way players as a pitcher and in the field in the same game, as your role will be determined before you play that specific game. You can choose specific load outs for every situation
- You can use your RTTS player in Diamond Dynasty after they retire, since the player will not age in modes outside of RTTS
- Your player attributes potential is determined by 2 factors, load outs and general progress
Coach & Ramone are here to answer questions about your Ballplayer and his Road To The Show. Don't miss this week's Feature Premiere, Thursday at 3 PM (PT)! pic.twitter.com/d2gQ7BBtpG
— MLB The Show (@MLBTheShow) March 24, 2021
The Ballplayer Feature Premiere is set to arrive on Thursday, so keep your eyes open for that.