Sony San Diego has posted a quick Q&A session with Coach and Ramone, as they discuss some of the gameplay changes in MLB The Show 21. You can watch the video below, but we’ve also listed some of the key points.
- Casual mode is an easy, fun, pick up and play experience, focusing on learning the game of baseball.
- Check swing strike frequency has been tuned. More details coming in the feature premiere.
- Yes, there will still be variable pitch speeds between difficulty levels.
- An updated hitting engine has improved Perfect Perfect hitting.
- There are more player and team specific animations.
- The completely new pitching style is called Pinpoint Pitching .
- The onboarding experience has been completely revamped for the noobs.
- Yes, you can change pitching styles, just like previous games.
- Perfect throw meters to all bases did not make it in this year.
- Inputs on the pitching meter matter more this year. Perfect Perfect Pitching? Not exactly, but more details coming in the feature premiere.
- Coach sobs, then feels hungry, The End.
Catch Thursday's Hitting and Pitching Feature Premiere to learn how to own the mound with Pinpoint pitching and strike fear into the hearts of pitchers with new hitting updates. #OwnTheShow
Pre-order now: https://t.co/seWXX3dYrM pic.twitter.com/ZhhZycTtUL
— MLB The Show (@MLBTheShow) March 10, 2021
The Hitting and Pitching Feature Premiere is set to arrive on Thursday, so keep your eyes open for that.