Prior to the MLB The Show 20 livestream, scheduled for Thursday, February 27 at 3:00 PM PT, featuring custom leagues, Sony San Diego Studios has posted a new video revealing some more details about the mode.
Confirmed today, you can create and customize your own online league with friends. Choose the number of teams you want, determine the size of your postseason bracket and decide how many games you want to play, per series. As the commissioner, you set your own house rules.
You can play in a relaxed or competitive season long format with a flexible game schedule. For rosters, you can use the 40-man MLB Live rosters or your Diamond Dynasty collection.
- The 40-Man Live MLB Leagues use the 40-man rosters of all 30 teams that are updated frequently throughout the year. If you’re not happy with your current roster, try making some trades!
- Diamond Dynasty Collection Leagues allows you to use your entire Diamond Dynasty Collection of player items to build your lineup. Commissioners can even set restrictions on team overalls to keep things even.
- All Leagues offer a Regular Season experience that builds to a Postseason Playoff bracket ending with the World Series. If you didn’t make the Postseason cutoff this season, don’t sweat it. With no limit on the amount of seasons your league can play, there’s always “next year.
- Regular Season length is determined during the creation phase of the Custom League by how many teams are in the League and how many times you play each team (1, 3, 5, or 7).
- Flexibility is important when coordinating online play. With Custom Leagues’ flexible schedule, you can play your Regular Season games in any order. If your opponent is online, you can knock out those games right now! No calendar generation needed.
- Set the rules and play against your friends to win the World Series with Custom Leagues in MLB The Show 20.
We have posted some screenshots below, as we wait for the meat and potatoes in the Twitch stream on Thursday.