MLB The Show 20 is pushing out a new server update or patch or whatever you want to call Update 1.08. It is mostly another minor fix with perhaps one notable gameplay fix with fielding.
- Fixed an issue that would cause outfielders to miss catches when a user reached the catch region at the last possible moment.
- Fixed an issue causing homeruns to get sucked into an outfielders glove resulting in an out.
- Fixed an Online Head-to-Head issue where a user could get trapped in their pause menu until their pause timer ran out, resulting in a forfeit.
- Fixed an issue where an early steal of home would not count as a run on specific deep fly balls.
- Removed the “Baserunning Decisions” option from the in-game menu in Online Head-to-Head games, as all Online Head-to-Head games are manual by default.
- Users who lose connection in the Showdown front-end menu will no longer automatically fail the moment or showdown.
- Fixed various minor issues with Play-by-Play commentary.
- Various crash fixes.
Some people have been frustrated by the lack of a lock-on and generally getting bopped in the head by the ball or whiffing on it when getting to the fielding spot, so maybe this fix dealing with getting to the region at the “last possible moment” ties into that. Let us know if you notice that change at all.