The structure of this set of events in MLB The Show 20 Diamond Dynasty will be slightly different from The Show Goes On, but overall it should feel familiar. In this set of events, you’ll be pursuing 2 Prospects players as the main goals on your way to 50 wins and Future Stars Alec Bohm. There are other rewards as well along the way, and you will have two Future Is Bright events to accrue win totals.
The Future Is Bright Event 1
- Can use Prospects, Future Stars and Faces of the Franchise players
- Otherwise, use commons who are 62+ overall
- Maximum team overall rating is 95
- 6-inning games
- Difficulty: All-Star
- As always, free entries
The event is open until April 30 at 2 a.m. PST.
So we have gone back to All-Star difficulty, and now this is the first event with a 6-inning requirement. I personally enjoy the events more at 3 innings, but this is fine as a change of pace. Due to the roster requirements, you will probably end up seeing a lot of the same faces you’ve already been running into like FOTF Ohtani on the hill, and your standard group of FOTF players in the field (Gallo, Soto, Olson, etc.).
I would expect these event games to be rather high scoring as people are going to have some sketchy bullpens considering the prospects and FOTF cards don’t exactly hit on that portion of the roster very often. This probably means you’ll just see starters coming in for other starters rather than using the bullpen as well. I think that sort of undermines the spirit of this event, but SDS gave us the freedom to use your pitchers how we want, so that’s the downside.
In addition, the 62+ overall commons means you won’t see Steven Wright or Ryan Feierabend coming in to throw knuckleballs (they’re both below 62 overall). I don’t think knucklers are hard to hit on All-Star, but still it should make some folks happy, plus at least it means you won’t see the same two common pitchers all the time.
- 5 wins – The Show pack
- 10 wins – 1 silver player
- 15 wins – The Show pack (x3)
- 20 wins – 1 gold player
- 25 wins – Prospect Logan Gilbert
- 30 wins – Prospects Set 3 pack
- 35 wins – The Show pack (x5)
- 40 wins – Prospect Gavin Lux
- 45 wins – Headliners Set 12 pack
- 50 wins – Future Stars Alec Bohm
- 55 wins – Ballin Is A Habit pack
- 60 wins – The Show pack (x5)
- 65 wins – 3,000 stubs
- 70 wins – The Show pack (x10)
- As always, don’t be afraid to quit early in these games if you get down. There’s no shame in just starting a run over, and the Alec Bohm card is what you should focus on getting more than putting together a 12-win run.
- This is a cumulative group of events once again so you don’t need to get all 50 wins right now. I’m not sure if SDS will add bonus wins beyond 75 this go around for event two in the group. They are crystal clear that this is cumulative event this time, so don’t be shocked if 75 wins is where the win totals remain once event two begins. I would be fine with that because 75 wins on 6 innings is a crazy amount, especially since this event is only open until April 30.