MLB The Show 20 update 1.11 is now live as of this morning, and it’s relatively minor patch. Here are the full patch notes.
- Based on community feedback, we have increased the size of the PCI slightly and increased the timing window slightly in all Diamond Dynasty modes. As always, we will continue to monitor feedback.
- Fixed an issue where the runner leading off of first base would freeze on a specific line drive hit type to right field.
- Polished the “get-up” animation that followed a dive with the ball in hand.
- Fixed an issue that caused the user-controlled outfielder to select a non-urgent throw, allowing the baserunner to take extra bases.
March to October
- Fixed an issue that would cause campaigns to receive an authentication error resulting in rewards being forfeited.
- Crowd audio was missing at the beginning of certain Player-Lock March to October appearances.
- Corrected the Win-Loss records displayed during pre-game scenes of League Mode playoff games.
- The notables during batter walk-ups should now be more accurate.
- Fixed an issue where non-sell-able cards would appear to have the quick-sell option.
- Various crash fixes.
I don’t see this changing much for better or worse. I know there had been some critiques of the hitting windows within Diamond Dynasty — the “good, okay” meme comes to mind — but I feel like hit variety has been the the issue more than the feedback system itself. There are a lot of home runs on All-Star difficulty, and I am mildly concerned this will only lead to more high-scoring games at that level. I’m not too concerned about Hall Of Fame difficulty unless the timing window and PCI sizes are way different.
Elsewhere, the only other quality-of-life fix that sticks out to me is the “notables” being correct on walk-ups now. It seems like after the last patch, Diamond Dynasty had UI errors where players were being listed as leading the team with zero home runs and things like that. I assume this patch will fix that stuff.