The MLB The Show 17 team released a new patch for The Show this morning, with fixes seeming to focus in on the online experience in The Show.
Online Specific Gameplay Improvements and Stabilizations
- Fixed a number of issues that could result in a soft hang during and online game. Includes pickoffs, throws to unoccupied bases, and pitches in the dirt.
- Adjustments made to eliminate an occasional pitch that would cause the ball to change direction in midflight, resulting in strikes being called balls, and vice versa.
- Fixed an exploit in Challenge of the Week that was allowing users to record extremely high scores.
- Swing analysis will no longer show your opponent’s plate coverage indicator when you are pitching. The PCI location was incorrect (for the pitching user) and this removal is intended to clear up some of the confusion it was cuasing.
- Fixed an issue where “Team Epic” Mission stats and wins would not track after completing a “Play with Friends” game, then entering into a “Play vs. CPU” game.
- Corrected minor issues with various Universal Profile achievements.
- Addressed issues with Universal Profile name plates and icons.
- Various other minor bug fixes and adjustments made throughout the game.