EA dropped another Madden NFL 22 video today, providing plenty of details on the new Dynamic Gameday feature. Gameplay producer Clint Oldenburg discusses the finer points of the feature. Let’s dive right in.
Dynamic Gameday is a new feature that will impact gameplay across every mode in this year’s game, making the thrills and unpredictability of the NFL come to life. Next Gen Stats: Star-Driven AI and Gameday Atmosphere make up Dynamic Gameday. Combining the power of next-gen technology, real world player data, and enhanced AI helps deliver the most emotionally driven and interactive gameplay yet.
- Dynamic Gameday components include: Gameday atmosphere, gameday momentum and Next Gen Stats with star-driven AI
- Deepens the experience through strategy, unique storytelling and unique stadium atmosphere
- Gameday atmosphere brings to life each and every NFL stadium with unique characteristics and personalities
- Crowd noise will make it tough to hear the plays coming in, make an audible, cause a receiver to miss a hot route
- Gameday momentum allows you to feel the highs and lows of every game with performance based momentum meters and M-factors
- As momentum swings, M-factors will affect teams in unexpected ways.
- Some examples: Leaving a kicker in “iced state”, missing receiver icons, making hot routes difficult to perform
- Home field advantage has been implemented. Every NFL stadium will have a unique M-factor that unlocks a special boost for each NFL team environment when triggered. The home team will always have 1 extra M-factor in the momentum meter to simulate the difficulty of winning on the road
- Some examples: Hard to see play art, windy conditions making it more difficult to kick field goals, fewer stamina reserves when visiting Mile High
- More than 80% of the games have been played against the CPU in the last 2 years
- By leveraging the NFL’s next gen stats with star-driven AI, the team has upgraded AI player behaviors and team tendencies so that single player games will feel like playing against a human
- Some examples of Next Gen Stats star-driven AI player tendencies: QB decision making under pressure, QB passing aggressiveness, QB passing success on the run, Ball-carrier tendencies around breaking and/or evading tackles, QB time to throw, QB scramble frequency and more
- Each NFL team will have its own personality, play calling style and team tendencies driven by Next Gen Stats
- Some examples: More blitzes from the Steelers, Run heavy Ravens, Pass happy Bills
- All team tendencies will evolve all season long
- Next gen player movement has been upgraded, making players feel more authentic, explosive and intelligent
- Some examples: Max ‘Effort’ animations for all players when running at top speed, more responsive control for QB’s to and from scramble, signature releases and cuts for receivers in route running, more control when turning up the field after a catch, contextual intelligence in tackling: Touch-player-down, sideline tackles, easy-hurdle and more
- Independent player battles when the ball is in the air, improved sideline catch-foot protection, bigger ball carriers are likely to fall forward during tackles, smaller players will most likely to fall backwards, pockets for deeper and faster around the QB, run blocking momentum enhancements with more animations to open more dynamic running lanes
Dynamic Gameday is only available on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5. The feature will not be available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those of you not following along, here’s the rest of the scheduled Madden NFL 22 events leading up to release.
- Week of 6/28: Dynamic Gameday
- Week of 7/5: Face of the Franchise: United We Rise
- Week of 7/12: Superstar KO + The Yard
- Gridiron Notes Reveal Only
- Week of 7/19: EA PLAY Spotlight: Scouting Reveal
- Making Madden Podcast Recap
- Week of 7/26: Ratings Week
- More to Come in August … Madden Ultimate Team
The Standard Edition of Madden NFL 22 releases on August 20. Fans that pre-order the Dynasty or MVP Edition will get it on August 17. Madden NFL 22 early access arrives for EA Play subscribers on August 12.