Plenty of additional Madden NFL 22 Dynamic Gameday and core gameplay details have been revealed today in the latest Gridiron Notes. If the details in the Dynamic Gameday video wasn’t enough for you, the team provides even more details on gameday momentum, atmosphere and Next Gen-Star Driven AI.
The team dives even deeper into the core gameplay improvements as well, focusing on player movement, tackling, catching, blocking, playbooks, pass coverage and much more.
Here’s just a few more core improvements snipped from the notes:
- Increased ranges for Pass Lead and Pass Trajectory
- Decreased the effectiveness of the Overtop coverage adjustment when guarding routes with cuts
- Increased Get Off speed of Blitzing Defenders so they are faster to their gaps
- New Impact Blocks that respect player Momentum, with an emphasis on bigger offensive linemen dominating smaller defensive backs inside the tackle box
- Added multiplayer Scramble Sack interactions
- Reduced match distance on blocks from the rear and back shoulder
- Retuned High Throw Mechanic to make it more effective
- Major tuning to Multiplayer Catching to reduce the frequency, but also reduce warping when they are used
- Improved Pursuit logic to decrease the frequency of Over and Under Pursuit tackles
- Improved defender reaction time when in position to play the ball vs. pass
- After the whistle, teammates will now help the ball carrier up off the ground when in position to do so
Dynamic Gameday is only available on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5. The feature will not be available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those of you not following along, here’s the rest of the scheduled Madden NFL 22 events leading up to release.
- Week of 7/5: Face of the Franchise: United We Rise
- Week of 7/12: Superstar KO + The Yard
- Gridiron Notes Reveal Only
- Week of 7/19: EA PLAY Spotlight: Scouting Reveal
- Making Madden Podcast Recap
- Week of 7/26: Ratings Week
- More to Come in August … Madden Ultimate Team
The Standard Edition of Madden NFL 22 releases on August 20. Fans that pre-order the Dynasty or MVP Edition will get it on August 17. Madden NFL 22 early access arrives for EA Play subscribers on August 12.