EA has released a new Madden NFL 21 gameplay video today, featuring a deep dive into some of the various new features set to arrive this year.
- New Pass-Rush Control – New defensive line mechanics that make playing as a pass-rusher more responsive and more fun to play.
- Ball Carrier Skill Stick – Two new moves that the skill stick unlocks including the side hurdle and the dead leg.
- Realistic Open Field Tackling – Give defenders more control and a better chance of successfully tackling oncoming players.
- Authenticity Improvements – New physics-based animation which will create more authentic moments when the quarterback is throwing under pressure and more.
- Celebrate Everywhere – Total control over how your players react after game-changing plays.
EA SPORTS also offers Dual Entitlement, creating ways for players who purchase either an Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 to upgrade their copy of Madden NFL 21 from prior generation Xbox One or PlayStation 4 platforms, at no additional cost. This offer will be in place all the way through the Madden NFL 21 season, up to the release of Madden NFL 22, so players can upgrade whenever they first purchase their new console within that period. Of note, physical discs cannot currently be used to upgrade to discless consoles.