Independent development studio, U-Play Online, has released their Season 2019-20 update today for International Basketball Manager. The updates features the addition of 4 new leagues: Australia, UK, Belgium and Portugal. It also updates each team in the game with data from over 3,200 players.
International Basketball Manager is a classic sports-management game available in Early Access on Steam for $9.99. Currently, they have a special promotion through January 27, where you can get 20% off the game, for $7.99.
International Basketball Manager features the official licenses of Euroleague Basketball, including Turkish Airlines EuroLeague, 7DAYS EuroCup and ING Basketbol Süper Ligi. It also contains 18 unofficial leagues from America, Europe and Oceania.
2 Sim Modes
Virtual mode: Follow the match on a minutely basis and take control over your players in real time, making tactical moves and assigning specific tasks to each player. You can follow up the events taking place during the match through text messages or badges, where you’ll be able to see the attacking and the defensive moves of your players in the court.
Result mode: The user is not required to make any action during the match and the score is just shown at the end of each quarter. Look up at your match stats and analyze the strong and weak points of your team.
- Official license of the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague and the 7DAYS EuroCup.
- Official license of the ING Basketbol Süper Ligi.
- 18 competitions throughout the world. Play the best leagues in the globe such as USA, Spain, Russia, Italy, France, Greece, Germany.
- New update includes leagues from Australia, UK, Belgium and Portugal.
- 2 match simulation modes: virtual and result.
- Multiplayer matches in one computer (8 players max.).
- More than 15 qualities to define players (fit, mind, attack, defense, adaptation, loyalty…).
- Retire the No. of your stars and see them in the museum.
- Specific training for each player to improve their strengths depending on age and the capacity of your staff.
- Modular extension of the pavilion and its facilities (car park, dressing rooms, electrical equipment, scoreboards…).
- Sign, transfer on loan, transfer or fire players to conveniently adapt your squad.
- Call up a good scouting team and ask them to visit international tournaments to discover top rookies before than your competitors.
- Play with different national teams and play in tournaments such as the World Cup, the European Cup and the Olympic Games.
This is an Early Access game, so you can receive instant access and start playing today, while getting involved with the game as it develops. If you’re curious as to why the team has released the game on Early Access, the developers have answered some of those questions below.
Why Early Access?
“Our objective is to turn International Basketball Manager into the best game of it’s genre. The saga was born in 2008 but it was published in Spain and in some Eastern European countries only. Now that we introduce the game to an international audience, we believe that involving the basketball community in Steam is a must. The game won’t be finished until we have reached their expectations. Releasing it in Early Access gives us the opportunity to construct the game every basketball fan would love to play.”
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“International Basketball Manager is expected to be in Early Access for a period of around 6 months from launch. We will provide more information about the full release date in the boards below as we get closer to final development. We will regularly share info on these boards to keep our fans updated.”
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“We are planning to enhance the whole experience by adding new features and balancing the lot. In this sense, we appreciate to hear our Community’s feedback to mould the game conveniently. We will definitely integrate suggestions made by other basketball fans, so send your opinions to us through the Community Forum to make it happen.”
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“International Basketball Manager is a fully playable game. The game contains the following features upon release: 12 national leagues, 2 European competitions, and 7 national squad competitions; 2 match simulation modes; multiplayer matches in one computer; more than 15 qualities to define players; specific training for each player; pavilion management; player transfers; scouting; and retiring the No. of your Legends.”
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We are grateful to the fans who bought the game in Early Access. This is the reason why International Basketball Manager will be available at a reduced price during this period. The final price is still not defined but it’s absolutely granted that users who supported our Early Access will get the game cheaper than those who acquire it once it’s fully released.”
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We strongly encourage every basketball fan to provide feedback about the game in the Steam Community Forum. Every opinion is extremely valuable and will help us shape the final version of the game. We’re basketball fans too and wished other peers like us helped us making the best basketball manager ever.”