It looks like The Golf Club is going yearly for its release cycles, with The Golf Club 2019 being announced today!
The Golf Club 2019 will add new Skins Match as well as Alt-shot modes.
- Users can now compete in head to head or 3-4 player Skins matches, wagering points or by putting their virtual currency on the line.
- Complete as a team with a friend in Alt-shot and prove you’re the best out there. Games can be completed against other teams or against the course to try and post the best score.
- An all-new deep and challenging single player Career Mode. Work your way through the ranks to become the number one golf professional in the world.
Also, there have been some big changes to the course designer. Here is the official list of changes:
- Redesigned user interface and controls to streamline the course building process on all platforms, bringing important tools and options to your fingertips.
- We are continuing to expand on the objects available for building course environments including houses, skyscrapers, and more.
- Additional tools including the option to auto fill closed splines when drawing bunkers, greens and fairways saving time from painting in those surfaces.
- Integration of SpeedTree technology for the first time in The Golf Club game ensures even higher visual quality gameplay than before.
- Design, build and share your courses online cross-platform using over 400 props.
On top of that, there will also be new character customization options available this year:
- New club heads for the user to customize their golf bag loadout.
- Along with outfits, users are now also able to adjust the height and weight of their avatars.
- The character editor welcomes the addition of a new array of head and facial hair options along with many new outfits and clothing for you to fully customize your avatars look. (Including authentic branded apparel from Under Armour and other fantastic brands)
The Golf Club has been overhauled with a new look to the entire user experience in each game mode. And there have been some tweaks to the gameplay, which is touted as being highly realistic (which, given the series track record prepare for courses to punish you):
- Club Sets see a return with new names and new tunings. There is a fine balance between each set and shot that can be attempted with an inviting learning progression between each setting.
- The swing feedback sees a complete new look with well-defined and informative information about what is happening on each shot split up into three categories.
- Ground effects take a leap forward with a new attention to the details between club and ball interaction with each surface from the tee to green and everything in-between.
- Further improvements to the ball physics for added realism and accuracy.
- Improvements to the crowd behavior system, including seated spectators for added authenticity.
And finally, there will be new enhancements to online matchmaking in The Golf Club 2019 as well:
- Online Matchmaking brings a new streamlined experience to The Golf Club franchise for competitive play. Compete on any of the approved and official courses in a round of Head to Head Match Play, 2-4 player Stroke Play, Alt-shot or Fourball Team Play, or put your virtual currency on the line in wager matches featuring Skins. (PSPlus and Xbox Live are required for this feature)
- Private Matches allow the player the full benefits of Matchmaking with the control over who is invited to play, the course played, round format used and additional conditions for each match. (PSPlus and Xbox Live are required for this feature)
The Golf Club 2019 will be launching in Q3 of 2018 — so look for more news on the game as it nears release later this year!