Com2uS and Out of the Park Development have launched Franchise Hockey Manager 8 today. The only NHL-licensed game on PC is available on Steam and the OOTP website for $39.99 and features a special 10% launch discount until November 7 for $34.99.
Check out the trailer, screenshots and features below. For more details make sure to visit the official website.
Franchise Hockey Manager features a variety of enhancements and improvements added based on community feedback.
- The Choice is Yours – Build your Legacy with the new financial system, allowing you much more control over your budget and operations; New on-ice decisions let you influence your players’ choices.
- Release the Kraken – Draft your own version of the expansion Seattle Kraken or enter the league with their real lineup.
- Influence and Respond – Alter players’ styles and tactics in response to game events and engage with new rumors, news stories, and stats reveal your hockey world.
- New Scouting Reports – Revamped scouting reports help you find your future stars.
- The fans are back in the stands, and we have fully-updated rosters, teams, leagues, and stats for the 21-22 season.
- Junior, College, and European leagues in historical games have been significantly fleshed out, so young players will no longer just be free agents before they’re signed or drafted, and the Sponsorship/Affiliate system that was used by the NHL up until the 1960’s is now simulated as well.
- European teams will now be able to take steps to improve the quality of the young players entering their youth systems.
- Trading difficulty can now be adjusted, allowing for easier or more difficult trade negotiations – or nearly impossible ones!
- A new post game analysis screen points out the good, the bad, and the ugly of both teams’ performances.
- The 2D game system has undergone many changes to improve player behaviour, animation, and statistical output, and received some new graphics and animations.
- 2D Mode now has a “highlights” option that’ll allow you to view only the game’s key moments, or just the goals.
- Custom games can now add tournaments that allow the participation of teams from multiple leagues, and can add new leagues after the game has started.
- Players now have a user-editable “Notes” view that can be used to record your own notes, reminders, etc. regarding them.
- We’ve added a new “hockey card” style for displaying player portraits on some screens.