So I just watched and listened to this Forza Horizon 5 video highlighting the in-game car audio. It’s good, really good. Lead audio designer Fraser Strachan also talks about the new audible upgrade feature in the game. Fans will be able to change the intake, exhaust, turbos, superchargers among other parts and listen to those changes on the fly.
The team has added over 320 brand new car recordings to the existing library over the last few years, as sourcing out the various cars takes a lot of time. Eight microphones, sometimes more, were attached to locations on the car for the best recordings.
Forza Horizon 5 releases on November 9 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Xbox Game Pass members can play on day one. If you purchase the Premium Edition, you’ll be racing with Early Access, starting November 5th.
- Lead breathtaking expeditions across the vibrant and ever-evolving open world landscapes of Mexico with limitless, fun driving action in hundreds of the world’s greatest cars.
- Explore a world of striking contrast and beauty. Discover living deserts, lush jungles, historic cities, hidden ruins, pristine beaches, vast canyons and a towering snow-capped volcano.
- Immerse yourself in a deep campaign with hundreds of challenges that reward you for engaging in the activities you love. Meet new characters and choose the outcomes of their Horizon Story missions.
- Take on awe-inspiring weather events such as towering dust storms and intense tropical storms as Mexico’s unique, dynamic seasons change the world every week. Keep coming back for new events, challenges, collectibles, and rewards, and new areas to explore. No two seasons will ever be the same.
- Team up with other players and enter the Horizon Arcade for a continuing series of fun, over-the-top challenges that keep you and your friends in the action and having fun with no menus, loading screens or lobbies. Meet new friends in Horizon Open and Tours and share your creations with new community gift sharing.
- Create your own expressions of fun with the powerful new EventLab gameplay toolset including custom races, challenges, stunts, and entirely new game modes. Customize your cars in more ways than ever before with new options such as the ability open and close convertible tops, paint brake calipers, and more. Use the new Gift Drops feature to share your custom creations with the community.