Football, Tactics & Glory, which is already available on Steam, to very positive reviews, is scheduled to launch on Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on January 22.
Coming from Toplitz Productions, the publisher behind Farmer’s Dynasty and Mad Games Tycoon, comes a game that reinvents the sports management genre. In Football, Tactics & Glory, you build your team from the ground up, customize players’ looks, skills, and classes, and pit them against challenging opponents in riveting turn-based matches. The game also allows you to directly take control of players to capitalize on your opponent’s weaknesses and go head-to-head with friends online in friendship-testing tournaments.
Football, Tactics & Glory puts players in the shoes of a fledgling Football club, starting off in the amateur leagues and growing their skills to reach the premier league, as they build their team, train their players and pit them against formidable opponents. Players will have to use strategic planning as they make the big decisions in order to turn their team of rookies into champs. Unique turn-based gameplay makes Football, Tactics & Glory appealing to not only the most hardcore management game fans but newcomers to the genre as well.
Features of Football, Tactics & Glory include:
- Turn-based matches: Unique turn-based on-the-pitch play system allows players to strategically place their team members in order to capitalize on weaker skills of the opponent
- Rich League-based Campaign: Start in the amateur leagues, play in cup matches, buy and train your players, improve your club and take them to the pro leagues
- Skills and Class Systems: With a variety of skills and classes that can be assigned to a player’s team members, Football, Tactics & Glory invites players to experiment according to their own playstyle as they build their club
- Ultimate Face Editor: Change and customize the face of any player on your roster
- Smooth Animations: Characters move elegantly and realistically during matches
- Online Matches: Players can join with friends online for a friendship-breaking playoff tournament as the fight to see who among them is the best tactician
What makes this game special?
As a coach, you get to take a look at your opponent, unambiguously determine his weaknesses and put your tactics on display to defeat even a stronger opponent. In the living world developing along with you, each match turns into a football puzzle.
What else is unique about the game?
- The tactile sensation of managing footballers like pieces on a chess board. Meanwhile, each footballer is unique. In time, you will recognize each of them by their faces and you will have a particular attitude toward each of them.
- This game is about strategic planning, not micromanagement. Instead of spending time enhancing some characteristic by 0.01%, you make “big” decisions that noticeably affect the destiny of your club. This eliminates the boring side of football manager games – countless tables, a whole routine, and micromanagement.
- The game values your time. You can make it through a football season in just a couple of actual hours rather than days as is the case for other football manager games. Meanwhile, each season is filled with events and fascinating decisions.
- You manage the footballers directly, so you always know why the match took a certain course, rather than going another way. You know how footballers use their strong points and weaknesses. Since in other games it is never obvious how your tactics and the strong points of your players affected (or did not affect) the end results.
I don’t like football!
Football, Tactics & Glory reinvents the basics of the football management genre, making it appealing to everyone, not just the most hardcore football management aficionados. In many reviews, players write that they didn’t like football until they tried our game.
If you enjoy turn-based gameplay, strategy or tycoon games, you will love Football, Tactics & Glory.
What else is notable about the game?
- Unique turn-based system
- Club development involving economics and RPG elements
- Powerful face editor
- Mod support which allows you to create real-life leagues
- Online game support
- Twitch integration (spectators can interact with a streamer)