EA released their first FIFA 22 trailer earlier today focusing on the new next-gen HyperMotion gameplay technology. The new tech promises to bring the most realistic and immersive gameplay experience to life, in every match and across every mode.
Of note, HyperMotion is exclusive to Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and Google Stadia, so it appears PC users will once again be left out.
Powered by HyperMotion, FIFA 22 combines Advanced 11v11 Match Capture and proprietary machine learning technology to deliver the most realistic, fluid and responsive football experience for next-gen consoles and Stadia, unlocking the raw emotion, passion and physicality of the world’s game.
HyperMotion technology enabled the integration of the first-ever motion capture of 22 professional footballers playing at high intensity. Additionally, EA’s proprietary machine learning algorithm learns from more than 8.7 million frames of advanced match capture, then writes new animations in real time to create organic football movement across a variety of interactions on the pitch. Whether it’s a shot, pass or cross, HyperMotion transforms how players move on and off the ball.
HyperMotion Technology Features
- Advanced 11v11 Match Capture – Xsens suits enable motion capture from 22 professional footballers playing at high-intensity for the first time. The resulting unprecedented volume of high-quality real-human movement data powers how both individuals and teams move across FIFA 22.
- Machine Learning – A cutting-edge proprietary machine learning algorithm learns from over 8.7 million frames of advanced match capture, then writes new animations in real time to create organic football realism across a variety of interactions on the pitch.
- Full Team Authentic Motion – Xsens suits record every touch, tackle, sprint and duel from all 22 players playing at high intensity for the first time ever, capturing data that powers over 4000 new animations in FIFA 22 to raise the footballing intensity, responsiveness, and physicality of every player in the game.
- Tactical A.I. – Deeper player intelligence driven by the power of next-gen consoles gives each individual the ability to better understand both attacking and defensive formations and movement, creating a new level of tactical realism.
- In Attack – The ability to make up to 6x more decisions per second gives attackers more awareness of their surroundings, allows them to make smarter runs in build-up play, and lets them react to loose balls quicker.
- In Defense – Rewritten defensive AI gives teams the ability to act as a tactical unit, retaining their shape to move across the pitch and cover vacant space.
- ML – Flow – Learning from more than 8.7 million frames from Advanced 11v11 Match Capture, the ML – Flow machine learning algorithm writes new animations in real-time, enabling players to better adjust their stride and running cadence on approach to the ball to control or strike it more smoothly.
- Kinetic Air Battles – Enhanced two player interaction technology syncs player animations, creating greater realism and responsiveness as they fight to be first to the ball. See defenders and attackers push, pull, and jostle as they rise to meet crosses, clearances, and long passes, increasing quality in headed situations and creating cleaner outcomes.
- Composed Ball Control – Longer two-touch animations make controlling the ball more natural and fluid than ever before. Take down aerial balls with more technique, get more agility when trapping ground balls, and enjoy more strength in shielding situations to give you new ways to drive forward in FIFA 22.
- Player Humanization – Powered by Advanced 11v11 Match Capture, new off-ball player animations and ambient behaviour help bring on-pitch characters to life. See opponents talk, point, and direct each other based on the action, while updated locomotion matches players’ urgency on the pitch to make FIFA more realistic and immersive than ever.