The FIFA 21 team has provided a glimpse at the upcoming gameplay and career mode improvements, with plans to go deeper with the details next month. Until then, here’s what they revealed today.
FIFA 21 will feature all-new dynamic attacking systems that provide more realistic and informed movements to build on the intensity of 1v1 gameplay. A range of new features brings this enhanced gameplay realism to life. Agile Dribbling puts more tools at the player’s disposal when facing a defender. Positioning Personality elevates in-game intelligence to match the real-world understanding of space and time in football. Creative Runs gives players new options for off the ball moments. While the Natural Collision System utilises brand new animation systems to create smoother player interactions all over the pitch.
- Create more scoring opportunities with all-new dynamic attacking systems in the most intelligent FIFA gameplay to date.
- Explode past defenders with the new Agile Dribbling system. Faster footwork gives you more control and responsiveness in one-on-one situations, and new skill moves like the bridge dribble and ball roll fake turn provide you with the means to explode past defenders.
- New Positioning Personality raises the importance of positional awareness. World-class forwards will hold their runs to stay level with the last defender to stay onside, playmakers will hunt for space to operate between the lines, while the best defenders will close down passing lanes more effectively to make it harder for the opposition to create opportunities.
- Creative Runs give you new options for influencing your team’s movement off the ball, revolutionising attacking build-up play in FIFA 21 and providing you with more ways to break down the defence.
- In FIFA 21, key footballing moments including goalmouth scrambles, battles for possession in the midfield, and attacking duels will resolve more naturally than ever before, resulting in smoother encountersbetween players as they strive to reach the ball.
- Informed by feedback from the community, revisions to the fundamentals of football in FIFA raise the game throughout the pitch, with manual headers, more balanced blocking, more intelligent passing, and increased responsiveness giving you more control on and off the ball.
- Replicating the play style of the best FIFA players in the world, the Competitor Mode setting gives your opposition a better grasp of skill moves, dribbling types, and tactics to give you a more challenging and rewarding opponent to match up with on Legendary and Ultimate difficulty.
Career Mode Improvements
Fans of Career Mode can take their team to the top by managing every moment, with new innovations that create additional depth in matches, transfers, and training. Career Mode also delivers a huge leap in gameplay interactivity to control the outcome of every game with the Interactive Match Sim, a revamped growth system to better manage Player Development, and more.
- New additions create additional depth in matches, transfers, and training to give you more control over your team’s rise to the top.
- Experience a whole new way to play out your season with the new Interactive Match Sim. Jump in and out of matches to influence the course of the action, or take charge of key moments including penalties and free kicks to change the outcome of the match. Monitor match data and make changes directly from the sim based on the match stats and your players’ performance levels and stamina.
- Manage your players’ development in greater detail with a revamped growth system. Turn right backs into right wingers, defensive midfielders into centre backs, and more to fill gaps in your team, and monitor player attribute changes during training to see how your squad is progressing.
- Get more insight into your squad’s performance levels with match sharpness, a new attribute that indicates how likely your players are to perform in the most crucial moments during the course of a game. Increase your players’ sharpness with a new Active Training System that gives you the ability to set up group training sessions to improve the likelihood of your strikers putting big chances away or of defenders making key tackles.
- Plan your team’s training schedule with a new activity management system. Decide when to train and when to rest during the week as you balance your players’ sharpness with morale and fitness to make the difference between winning and losing.
- Enhanced opposition AI sees opponents approach games with more intelligence in both defence and attack. New systems create more informed AI decision-making in marking, tackling, passing and dribbling to present you with more challenges during each match and keep your Career fresh from game to game.
- FIFA 21 Career Mode enhances transfer realism by providing both human and AI-controlled teams with new ways to sign players. Make Loan to Buy offers with optional or mandatory future transfer fees to secure new talent for your team, and respond to AI manager-initiated player swap proposals as you look to master the transfer market.
- Customise your Career Mode with new initial set-up options. Get a more true-to-life experience of negotiating signings on the transfer market with Authentic Transfers, or boost your team’s starting budget to help you build your squad with Financial Takeover.