EA SPORTS FIFA announced that fans across the globe will have access to groundbreaking stars and new apparel drops when playing in FIFA 21’s VOLTA FOOTBALL mode, including talent drops from the converging worlds of football, music and fashion.
Now names like Mbappé, FIFA 21 cover star and leader of a new generation of football, Diplo, award-winning artist and producer and DJ, and Anthony Joshua, Olympic gold medalist and two-time unified heavyweight world champion, will all be accessible as avatars to fans in VOLTA FOOTBALL.
Fans will also see world-class footballers Kaka, Eric Catona and Trent-Alexander-Arnold, and even more big names will be released soon to continue to boost star power on VOLTA teams.
Get ready to take on all new playable stars in #VOLTA 🤩
— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) September 24, 2020
VOLTA FOOTBALL in FIFA 21 also welcomes in-game apparel drops by renowned fashion brands like Adidas and Nike, as well as a unique VOLTA FOOTBALL Collection curated by Héctor Bellerín, who took on a Creative Director role to design the line that was inspired by his roots in Barcelona’s skate scene and his current vegan lifestyle.
Just like how today’s football culture extends off the pitch, new drops in-game and additions to VOLTA Vanity continue to merge real football with the authentic culture, creativity and style of the small-sided game.
- VOLTA SQUADS – Join together with up to three friends or drop into the community and take on the world in 5v5 online cooperative play. Connect with friends through a reimagined VOLTA HUB that brings your squad and uniquely customised avatars to the centre of the action before taking to the pitch to challenge your opponents, climb the ranks, and collect rewards in weekly events.
- FEATURED BATTLES – Recruit the biggest names from the world of football and beyond to your VOLTA SQUAD in the all-new FEATURED BATTLES mode. Match up against AI-controlled star players as well as squads from the VOLTA FOOTBALL community as you compete for points and rewards in FEATURED BATTLES.
- THE DEBUT – Discover the world of street football in THE DEBUT. Choose your path through a two hour led introduction to VOLTA FOOTBALL featuring legendary Brazilian midfielder Kaká and Lisa Zimouche.
- KICK-OFF – Face off with your favorite professional teams in any of VOLTA FOOTBALL’s locations and play various forms of small-sided football both with and without goalkeepers.
- SIX NEW PITCHES – Step into the party atmosphere of São Paulo’s Downtown, bring out the flair on the concrete of a Milan street pitch, show off inside a stunning high-tech Dubai geodesic dome and more as you flaunt your skills in six brand new footballing playgrounds.
- 23 UNIQUE LOCATIONS – Play in 23 incredible locations across six continents with unique atmospheres that give you a local taste of The World’s Game.
- EXPRESS YOUR STYLE – Bring football and fashion together as you customize and personalize your male or female VOLTA AVATAR with a vast array of new apparel from adidas, professional football clubs, street football teams, and celebrity-designed collections. Then take them to the street and express your unique style.
- NEW GAMEPLAY FEATURES – New game pacing and intelligent squad movement create more opportunities to let you play to the rhythm of the streets. Energised skill moves and Agile Dribbling raise the excitement of going up against a defender to add to the number of ways you can go past – or even through – opposition players, while defensive counters like a new blocking system ensure gameplay is more rewarding on both sides of the ball.
- MATCH TYPES – Play it your way. Enjoy various forms of small-sided football including 3v3 Rush (No GKs), 4v4, 4v4 Rush, 5v5 and Professional Futsal, and play matches on various pitch sizes with or without walls.
For more details around VOLTA FOOTBALL in FIFA 21, including VOLTA SQUADS, Groundbreakers, new ways to play, customization and more, visit the official website.