Codemasters has released their first full in-game trailer for F1 2020, the official videogame of the 2020 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. Against the backdrop of the rousing F1 theme music, written by composer Brian Tyler, the trailer celebrates the 70th anniversary of Formula 1, with intense racing wheel-to-wheel battles on some of the season’s most demanding circuits.
The trailer also features Formula 2, which makes its return, following its successful debut last year. Now fully integrated into Career mode, F2 allows players to choose from full, half-season and three-race challenge options, creating the ultimate F1 training ground. Players will have access to the 2019 F2 season at launch with the 2020 season coming as a free update later in the year.
Alongside the stunning cars designed for the 2020 season, F1 2020 gives players a chance to race some of the most desirable classic cars from the glorious history of F1.
- 2010 Red Bull RB6
- 2010 Ferrari F10
- 2010 McLaren MP4-25
- 2009 Brawn BGP 001
- 2008 McLaren MP4 –23
- 2007 Ferrari F2007
- 2006 Renault R26
- 2004 Ferrari F2004
- 2003 Williams FW25
- 2000 Ferrari F1 2000
- 1998 McLaren MP4-13
- 1996 Williams FW18
- 1992 Williams FW14
- 1991 McLaren MP4/6
- 1990 Ferrari 641
- 1990 McLaren MP4/5B
- 1991: Jordan 191
- 1994: Benetton B194
- 1995: Benetton B195
- 2000: Ferrari F1-2000
F1 2020 will be released on Friday, July 10 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia for $59.99. Players who purchase the F1 2020 Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition at $69.99, will receive exclusive content and three days of early access.
- F1 2020 is the most comprehensive F1 game yet, putting players firmly in the driving seat as they race against the best drivers in the world. For the first time, players can create their own F1 team by creating a driver, then choosing a sponsor, an engine supplier, hiring a teammate and competing as the 11th team on the grid. Build facilities, develop the team over time and drive to the top.
- Customise your 10-year career mode, with a choice of F2 Championship introduction options and season lengths to allow for a more exciting, multiple season, career.
- The addition of split-screen racing, a new steering assist and a more accessible race experience means that you can enjoy the game with friends, no matter what your skill level.
- F1 2020 features all the official teams, drivers and 22 circuits, including two new races: Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort (Online connection required to download the final teams’ 2020 cars (as applicable) and F2 2020 season content.)
Game feature List
- THE OFFICIAL VIDEOGAME OF THE 2020 FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- NEW MYTEAM MODE – An immersive driving game, players can now create their own F1 team.
- Create a driver, then choose a sponsor, an engine supplier, hire a teammate and compete as the 11th team on the grid.
- Build facilities and develop the team over time and drive to the top.
- NEW – Two new races: Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort.
- NEW – Split-screen racing.
- NEW – Casual race options for more relaxed racing.
- NEW – Shorter season-length options: 10, 16 or full 22 race options.
- All the official teams, the drivers and circuits from the 2020 Formula One World Championship
- Acclaimed ten-year career mode.
- Formula 2, the ultimate training ground for F1, is also included, now with new half or full season options and 2019 and 2020* season content.
- x16 classic F1 cars from 1988-2010.
- Esports – in-game area for the online qualification events, latest news and even watch the new F1 Esports Challenger and Pro Series races.
- More ways to race: Time Trial, Grand Prix Mode, Championships and relive your glory with saveable automated highlights.
- Compete online in Multiplayer: Ranked and Unranked races, Leagues, Customisable Liveries and Weekly Events.
- *Online connection required to download the final teams’ 2020 cars (as applicable) and the F2 2020 season content post-launch.