With eFootball PES 2020 scheduled to arrive on September 10, Konami has posted their schedule, on what to expect in-game, during launch week.
September 10th (Launch Day)
- Data Pack 1.01 releases, bringing with it updated player models and licenses
- Patch 1.01.01 releases, bringing with it a number of fixes and balance adjustments based on community feedback
- The first ever Matchday event, UEFA EURO 2020, kicks off in-game
* Depending on where you live, Data Pack 1.01 and Patch 1.01.01 may release on an earlier date.
September 12th (First Scheduled Maintenance)
- PES 2020’s first Live Update scheduled for release, bringing with it the updated player rosters.
- Players who have performed well in recent international matches to be released in-game as the first batch of Featured Players (POTW: National Sep 12 ’19)
Note: The latest player rosters will only be available once the September 12 Live Update is implemented. As such, we recommend those who wish to play modes such as Master League with the latest team and player rosters to wait until the Live Update is released. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
See below for further details regarding the updates and events coming to PES 2020 in launch week.
Day One Update and Launch Week Events
The following content is coming to PES 2020 in an update file that will release on launch day (September 10th 2019).
Data Pack 1.01
- New licensed national teams: Russia, Andorra
- Club lists for the Belgian Jupiler Pro League First Division A and the Italian 2nd Division updated
- New licensed national team players from Morocco, Egypt, Costa Rica, Honduras, Paraguay, Côte d’Ivoire, Panama and Montenegro
- 28 new/updated player face models (Mostly from PES Partner Clubs)
- New/updated portrait images for over 100 players
- Updated strips for over 180 clubs
- 4 new boot models
- Serie A TIM (Italy) and 3F Superliga (Denmark) official ball designs added
- Danish Superliga intro cinematic
- Updated transfer fee data for Master League players
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused player stamina to drain quicker than intended when using Teammate Controls or the Dynamic One-Two pass in Online Matches.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused both sticks to become unresponsive when using Skill Controls at the same time as Finesse Dribble.
- Adjusted the foul system to increase its accuracy.
- Improved the responsiveness of Finesse Dribble controls when trapping the ball.
- Adjusted the interaction between player and ball when executing a Kick Feint while trapping.
In addition to the above, a variety of other minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.
- The first Live Update is scheduled for release on 9/12/2019. Live Updates will then be released on Thursday every week thereafter.
What are Live Updates?
- The Live Update feature ensures that PES is always aligned closely with the real world of football. Data from real matches being played around the world is collated on a weekly basis and implemented in-game to create a more authentic experience. The data included in each Live Update is sourced from matches played over the weekend and is applied to the game every Thursday. These updates affect various aspects of the game, including player Condition Ratings, team rosters and team strategies.
Launch Week Events and Featured Players
Featured Player Series Name: “POTW: National Sep 12 ’19” – Release Date: 9/12/2019
- “Featured Players” are special versions of players that are released in-game with boosted stats and limited-edition player portrait designs. These players are chosen based on their exceptional performance in real-world matches, and are signable in-game using Agents. The first series of Featured Players coming to PES 2020 after launch is titled “POTW: National Sep 12 ’19”, and is themed after national teams from around the world. The portrait design for these players will display them wearing their national team’s kit.
PES 2020 Inaugural Matchday Event: UEFA EURO 2020 – Start Date: 9/10/2019
- As the name suggests, the first event coming to Matchday mode is themed after UEFA EURO 2020. Starting on September 10th, PES 2020’s inaugural Matchday event will see countries competing in UEFA EURO 2020 divided into two Matchday Sides: home and away. Pick a country and earn Event Points to climb the rankings for a chance to be selected as your side’s Representative for the Matchday Grand Final. Even if you aren’t chosen as Representative, you’ll still receive some awesome rewards for spectating, so be sure to hop online during the Grand Final and support your Side.
*Please note that the first Matchday event will be available in Japan from 9/12/2019.