Game Informer has provided a ton of juicy details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 4. Joe Rogan has been replaced by former UFC champion, Daniel Cormier, who recorded alongside of Jon Anik for a nice fresh flow to the commentary team.
Due to low engagement in the Ultimate Team mode in EA Sports UFC 3, the team has decided to remove Ultimate Team completely from EA Sports UFC 4, focusing more on the connected player profile.
Here are some bullets, but make sure to read the entire article from Game Informer, courtesy of Brian Shea.
- In career mode, unlocked moves will initially be 1 star moves, but with more training of that specific move, the more it develops and levels up.
- You can create your own custom events, choosing fighters for the card, bout order and more. 8 or 16 fighter tournaments with progressive damage from match to match returns, and you can hit up practice mode.
- Blitz Battles is a new 64-player online tournament with special rotating rules and shorter rounds, so the fights are finished quicker. To win, you need to beat 6 fights in a row.
- When customizing your fighter this year, you can choose from additional hairstyles, facial hair, tattoo options and over the top vanity items. None of the vanity items (that can get extreme) will provide any effect on gameplay, they are only cosmetic.
- There are 12 create-a-fighter archetypes
- New less complicated controls have been implemented, but more advanced controls are still there for the hardcore players
- Ground and grappling game has been totally revamped
EA Sports UFC 4 is scheduled to arrive on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 14, with the EA Access trial scheduled to arrive on August 7. During the trial time, members will also have the opportunity to participate in pre-launch, UFC 4 challenges, that unlock in-game currency.