Microsoft has enabled a new feature called FPS Boost, which allows select legacy Xbox One titles to run at almost double and sometimes four times the frame-rate on the new Xbox Series X|S consoles. One of the titles that will benefit from the new feature is EA Sports UFC 4.
Here’s a quick update regarding some of the upgrades that Microsoft has enabled for EA Sports UFC 4, on the Xbox Series X and the Xbox Series S consoles.
Starting today both consoles now support 60 frames per second, rather than 30 FPS**. Here are the full details on what has changed for each console:
Xbox Series S
- Prior to upgrade – Supported 30 FPS
- After Upgrade – Supports 60 FPS
- No changes needed on your end to enable the upgrade.
Xbox Series X
- Prior to upgrade:
- Performance Mode – High definition at 60 FPS
- Resolution Mode – Higher resolution at 30 FPS
- After Upgrade:
- Performance Mode – No change – High definition at 60 FPS
- Resolution Mode – Higher resolution at 60 FPS
- For the best experience, you will need to make sure you are in Resolution Mode. You can check this in the game settings under “Visuals”.
It is important to note that these upgrades were implemented entirely by Microsoft.
**The Xbox Series X previously supported 60 FPS only in Performance Mode.
Eurogamer has posted some details on what they have seen with the new FPS Boost enabled in UFC 4, including some video footage.
UFC 4 footage starts at roughly the 16:08 mark.