EA SPORTS and the NFL have announced the all-new Madden NFL 21 Championship Series (MCS) competitive ecosystem, complete with first-of-its-kind tournament offerings, weekly sports entertainment programming, and an exciting mix of celebrity, athlete and professional Madden NFL player involvement.
New to MCS:
- Madden NFL Owns Tuesday Night: MCS21 brings gamers and football fans alike accessible competitive action and entertainment every Tuesday night on Madden NFL Twitch and YouTube channels throughout the NFL season.
- King of the Hill (Sept 15 – Oct 27): Each week and across two respective single elimination tournaments two NFL athletes and two elite Madden NFL competitive gamers will face off with the winner from each matchup advancing to the next week to meet a new challenger. The two tournaments offer shares of a $50,000 prize pool, with the NFL players shares to be donated to the charities of their choice.
- Derwin v. The World (Sept 15 – Dec 22): Each week, Derwin James, (Chargers’ Safety who also doubles as one of the best Madden NFL gamers in the NFL) challenges a different celebrity or NFL athlete in a competitive match. Derwin will face off with new challengers over the course of 16 weeks, culminating in a showdown with the winner of this year’s Madden NFL 21 Club Championship.
Returning to MCS:
- Official NFL partner Pizza Hut and return as MCS sponsors
- Pizza Hut, the competitive home of Madden NFL, will feature a newly renovated virtual Pizza Hut Stadium across all MCS21 programming.
- Madden NFL 21 Club Championship (Nov 10 – Feb 5) is back with competitive players representing the 32 NFL teams. All matches will be played remotely.
- More returning EA Majors to be announced soon with a total MCS $1.4 million prize pool, the largest prize pool ever for Madden NFL.
The Madden Championship Series has been newly formatted for players with a $1.4 million prize pool, the largest prize pool ever for Madden NFL. Starting with the Madden NFL 21 Club Championship (Nov 10 – Feb 5), competitive players will battle over the course of eight weeks to represent each of the 32 NFL teams. All matches will be played remotely with players joining from home, and the action will join the Tuesday evening broadcast lineup starting in October. Madden NFL will continue to announce additional tournament details throughout the year, revealing new formats and twists.
Any competitor can begin their MCS journey today, with open registration for the Club Championship* live until September 28. All ages and skill levels are welcome to compete for a chance to represent their favorite NFL team. For registering, competitive hopefuls will receive a Madden Ultimate Team Elite Fantasy Pack**. Online qualifications for the Club Championship run September 10-October 11 with the first week of early round play kicking off November 10.
Competition across MCS21 programming will take place in a newly renovated home for competitive Madden NFL as Pizza Hut renews their landmark agreement for the first-ever virtual stadium naming rights in history. In its second season of existence, Pizza Hut Stadium returns with a brand-new look and feel that will also debut in Madden Ultimate Team. Now, the entire Madden NFL community will be able to play in the same setting as the elite players of the Madden NFL 21 Championship Series.
Official Madden NFL 21 Championship Series rules and how to register for the Madden NFL 21 Championship Series can be found at maddenchampionship.com/compete.