Ahead of the upcoming DIRT 5 2.00 update, Codemasters has provided the patch notes, which include more details on wheel support. The patch will feature further visual and performance improvements, not only for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, but also for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
UPDATE: (12-15) Patch is available now for PC.
UPDATE: (12-16) Patch is available now for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
UPDATE: (12-22) Patch is available now for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
The DIRT 5 Snow Limits free content pack is also available today, featuring new objects to use in DIRT 5’s Playgrounds mode, where players create, share and discover incredible custom racing arenas. The pack includes DIRT’s very own winter wonderland with a brand new race event and some fresh customization options for your profile and liveries.
- Extensive selection of wheels supported for DIRT 5 across each platform, including Thrustmaster, Logitech and some Fanatec devices
- Further general visual and performance improvements across the board, including visual updates to the ‘Prioritise Frame Rate’/120hz mode on Xbox Series X
- Further FPS improvements when using Image Quality mode on Xbox One and PS4
- Fixed issues causing flickering lights during night-time events
- PC: Further fixes for reports of crashes and startup issues
- Fixed issue causing game freezes in the Career – Sponsors tab when selecting an Amplified Edition sponsor
- Fixes for crashes occurring at the beginning of some Career events for some players
- Added option to listen back to previous podcast episodes from a playlist
- Fixed visual bug in Career mode that shows the player earning more than the maximum amount of Stamps after completing Throwdowns
- Technical changes made to the matchmaking process; search times for lobbies have been increased to improve the likelihood of live lobbies being found
- Friends lobby size increased to eight players
- Fixes for crashes occurring when exiting active multiplayer events
- Fixed multiple bugs causing crashes and performances issues in split-screen play
- Audio fixes for low volume in split-screen mode
- Leaderboard display adjusted to show faster target times
- Resolves occurrences of objects being available for the wrong event type
- Amplified Edition entitlements fully unlocked for Amplified Edition pre-order players
- PS5: Fixed issue with Trophies not unlocking. Any Trophies earned during this issue should unlock for players after completing one event
- Further improvements made to AI behaviour, particularly in races with large grids
- Fixed instance of cars triggering a track reset incorrectly on Arizona – Merrick Butte location
- Fixed issues causing crashes in the post-race menus
- Sprint cars: changes made to handling model following community feedback
- Display fixes for PS4/PS5 Trophy images and text
- General stability and quality of life improvements across each platform to improve your experience
Codemasters has also provided additional details for wheel support, including supported devices and customization options.
- Modern devices from Logitech are supported, including the G923 and G29
- Modern Thrustmaster wheels are also supported, such as the T150, T500, T80, T300RS and T-GT
- Fanatec devices will not be immediately supported on Sony versions of DIRT 5
- Majority of modern wheels, including the Logitech G923 and G920
- Thrustmaster devices listed above will also be supported, as well as the Ferrari 458 Spider Racing, TMX and TS-XW.
- The Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel, ClubSport Wheel Base v2/2.5, and Podium Wheel Base DD1/2 will be supported
- All wheels listed above will be fully supported
Here are the options available to customize your DIRT 5 wheel experience:
- Steering linearity
- Steering deadzone
- Steering saturation
- Throttle deadzone
- Throttle saturation
- Brake deadzone
- Brake saturation
Vibration & Feedback
- Vibration feedback (on/off)
- Self-aligning torque
- Wheel friction
- Tyre friction
- Tyre slip
- Engine feedback
- Collision feedback
- Steering center force enabled (on/off)
- Steering center force
Other than coming soon, we haven’t received an official release date for DIRT 5 patch 2.00. Once we get an announcement, we will update this post.