Codemasters has released another DIRT 5 gameplay video today, featuring classic Ford and Peugeot rally cars, battling on the frozen East River in New York.
This Ice Breaker event by Roosevelt Island, takes place in the dead of night, with incredible lighting, atmosphere and fireworks, making for a unique racing experience. Up to 12 cars can battle it out in Ice Breaker events with multiple layouts and locations available.
Codemasters has also confirmed November 10, as the DIRT 5 release date, making it a launch title on the Xbox Series S/X. Using Xbox’s Smart Delivery option, all DIRT 5 players on the current-gen console version, launching November 6, are entitled to a FREE upgrade to the optimised next-gen version.
DIRT 5 will release on November 6 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, followed by PlayStation 5 later this year. A Google Stadia version will release in early 2021. The game also supports PlayStation’s free upgrade, when players switch to a PlayStation 5.
- Landrush – Circuit-based, rough terrain with jolting jumps and technically challenging sections. Weather and track conditions change on-the-fly during the event to mix-up this pack race mode.
- Rally Raid – Controlling machines built for extreme off-road, Rally Raid challenges are point to point with split routes, where drivers can grab some serious air.
- Ice Breaker – As the name suggests, players battle short circuits that take place entirely on ice. Throttle control and precise drifting are crucial to master this mode.
- Stampede – Hard, unforgiving natural landscape, built for rough-and-ready machines. The layout is unmarked with major undulations over mud and sand.
- Path Finder – Another new game mode. Controlled speed and more strategy are the keys to success. Hardcore off-road terrain packed with steep jumps and rock-strewn paths.
- Sprint – Amplified racing at its craziest. 900bhp, enormous wings and four different sized wheels. Left turns only on oval and circular tracks. One for the drifters.
- Ultra Cross – Varied terrain and unpredictable circuit design. Classic rallycross amplified for the ultimate challenge.
Here’s the list of car classes:
- Cross Raid: Packing strength to conquer tough terrain, this class includes the Volkswagen Race Touareg 3 and the Laffite G-Tec X-Road’s video game debut.
- Rock Bouncer: Huge wheels, mad suspension, a big roll cage. Use this behemoth’s traction, acceleration, and stubbornness to beat all obstacles in extreme events.
- Rally Cross: These rallycross titans include the likes of the Peugeot 208 WRX and Citroen C3 R5. This class can turn on a dime and go from 0-60 almost as quickly.
- Formula Off Road: Ideal for Stampede events, this group houses our monstrous WS Auto Racing Mudclaw – a true off-roader with huge ridged tires and incredible power.
- Classic Rally: Roll back the years with rides like the Fiat 131 Abarth Rally and Porsche 924 GTS Rallye that popularized going flat-out fast on any possible terrain.
- 80s Rally: We’re combining favorites like the Ford RS200 with incredible newcomers like the Porsche 959 Prodrive Rally Raid for a nod to off-road’s golden age.
- 90s Rally: Relive a time when off-road truly went mainstream and recreate rivalries with the Subaru Impreza S4 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI.
- Rally GT: These desirable cars are kitted with off-road specs, including the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT-4 and Porsche 911 R-GT.
- Sprint: These rides perfectly rip up dirt oval tracks sideways while sporting wheels of all different sizes, huge wings and 900bhp. A unique class for unique racing.
- Pre Runners: The best road-going SUVs and all-purpose vehicles draped with an off-road kit and souped-up for extreme racing. That’s the Pre-Runners class, featuring incredible race-ready versions of the Aston Martin DBX and more.
- Super Lites: Have fun taming the eye-watering speed of the Ariel Nomad Tactical, Exomotive Exocet Off-Road, and more in these champions of all-terrain challenges.
- Unlimited: Jump in the Jimco Unlimited Truck, Brenthel Industries Unlimited Truck and more to take on the most demanding off-road events in the world.