Details have been revealed for the next Gran Turismo Sport update. While no release date has been given, we would expect it to arrive in mid to late April, prior to the FIA Gran Turismo Championships.
Here’s a list of some of the changes that will be implemented in ‘Sport’ mode.
- Slipstream – The effect of the slipstream will be reduced.
- Fuel Consumption & Tyre Wear Rate for Qualifying & Final – It will be possible to set ‘Fuel Consumption’ and ‘Tyre Wear’ rates separately in the Qualifying Time Trials and Finals of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships.
- BoP (Balance of Performance) – Tire wear adjustments for Gr.4 FF cars (Front-engine/ Front-wheel-drive), handling adjustments for all Gr.2, Gr.3, and Gr.4 cars, fuel consumption rate adjustments for all Gr.2, Gr.3, and Gr.4 cars. As a result, the difference in fuel efficiency will be reduced among these vehicle types.
- Penalties – Adjustments implemented to improve the penalty judgement algorithm.
- Manufacturer Affiliation Contracts –It will be possible to change the selected manufacturer affiliation contract at the start of the new Series, beginning on Saturday, 25 April.
- ‘Star Player’ Status – In addition to those drivers who were awarded the status on 16 March, top-ranking drivers from Stage 1 (which is currently being held as an Exhibition Series) will also receive the Star Player status for the new Series beginning on Saturday, 25 April.