DCL – The Game, the official game simulation of the Drone Champions League, is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam. It costs $39.99 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, while Steam users can get 15% off, until February 25 and purchase it for $25.49.
DCL – The Game is a drone racing simulation, where players control authentic drones that maneuver at extremely high velocities through technical tracks in impressive environments. Players can experience a realistic gameplay allowing them to train their actual flight control skills. Players can also qualify for the official Drone Champions League and start their career as a professional Drone Pilot right in the game. It’s even possible to connect drone transmitter to the PC for a more authentic experience.
- Authenticity: DCL-The Game is modelled closely on real-life drone flight behaviour – so close that our team pilots use it for event qualification and the top performing pilots in the game can compete in the DCL Draft Selection; once a year pilots can be drafted to real-life racing teams competing in the Drone Champions League
- Four distinct flight modes: select from four different models: ARCADE MODE is perfect for beginners, thanks to the automated altitude control and simplified controls. GPS MODE flies like your standard camera drone, with stabilization and altitude control. ANGLE MODE, also known as stabilized mode, simulates most amateur racing drones. ACRO MODE gives the pilot complete control, this is how real drone racing and freestyle pilots fly their drones
- Drone controller support: fly the game with the actual drone transmitters (PC and Mac only)
- Game modes: Free Flight, Time Attack and RaceFlow (online multiplayer up to 30 players)
- Fly through over 24 spectacular tracks and compete online against other pilots from all over the world! Additional tracks will be released every week and available through online events.
- Discover real drone racing tracks like the snow halfpipes of LAAX and the castle ruins of Reutte. Each location will present a new and unique challenge and will demand all your piloting skills!
- Physical presets: choose from three unique physical presets for your drone: lightweight, DCL-19 (default), and heavyweight for a very different flight behaviour. Highly realistic flight physics in these three setups keeps competition balanced.
- Leaderboards: Global, Regional and National leaderboards for each platform
Ambitions and plans for DCL – The Game post-release
- Make DCL real-life tracks available in-game prior to the actual event – qualifying for real-life races takes place inside the game
- Track editor which allows creation of individual tracks (PC only)
The Drone Champions League (DCL) is the recognized championship for professional drone racing teams: an innovative race series that blurs the lines between virtual and real environments to serve up a new era of sports entertainment. Since 2016 the DCL has drawn the world’s best drone pilots, who qualify for each race in DCL The Game and then go on to compete in eight international teams in some of the world’s most spectacular real-life settings, from buzzing global capitals to surreal natural wonders.
Each DCL race is broadcast live, worldwide on TV and also online. From the Great Wall of China to the Champs-Elysées – where 180,000 spectators lined the boulevard – the LED-lit racing drones dart through the custom tracks head-to-head, flashing by fans at speeds of more than 160 km/h as the pilots fly them using a camera feed in the drone to simulate a pilot’s first person view and fed back through their racing goggles. First to the finish wins, and with margins breathtakingly tight, contact happens. The daring maneuvers of bold pilots can boost drones to victory or send them tumbling.