The August 28th MLB The Show 20 roster update went up yesterday. The team that 100 percent received the most attention was the Chicago White Sox. Jose Abreu and Lucas Giolito got big boosts to diamond status while Eloy Jimenez jumped to gold. The Phillies are another team that stood out since star players Bryce Harper and J.T. Realmuto got attribute bumps as well. The Reds did not fare as well with Nick Castellanos, Mike Moustakas and Joey Votto dropping from their respective gem tiers (Castellanos had just recently bumped up to diamond). The Pirates also got dinged with Josh Bell and Bryan Reynolds taking some major attribute hits.
Overall, Max Scherzer was the highest overall player who had any overall movement with him dropping from a 93 overall to a 91 overall. Here is a look at everyone else who fluctuated between the diamond and gold tiers this week.
August 28th MLB The Show 20 Roster Update
Diamond Market Movement
- Yu Darvish, Trea Turner, Manny Machado, Lucas Giolito and Jose Abreu all went diamond to gold
- Lucas Giolito got the +5 boost to get to diamond (plus a Topps Now card), and Jose Abreu got a +4 overall boost to get there (and a Topps Now card as well)
- Josh Hader +1 boost and Trevor Story +2 boost now go to 89 overall
- Bryce Harper, Juan Soto, J.T. Realmuto and Lance Lynn are the other diamond who got overall boosts
- Charlie Blackmon, Nick Castellanos, Jose Ramirez lose diamond status
- Max Scherzer was the other diamond player who took a ratings hit this week
Gold Market Movement
- Zack Wheeler and Eloy Jimenez are the other Phillies and White Sox players who got gem tier changes this week.
- Zac Gallen and Aaron Civale are the other two pitchers who got boosted as well
- A rough week for Josh Bell who takes a -5 overall hit
- Also, again, a tough week for the Reds with Moustakas and Votto showing up here
- Rays outfielders also felt the pain with Meadows and Kiermaier dropping down